Snowmobile World banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i like to hit big ### jumps, and im looking to get the REV X package, and im wondering how well it will handle the big jumps, will it bottom out??

·
Registered
11,658 Posts
sledcrazy,
 i am sure you can bottom out any sled but the rev looks like it is made for the standing position or if you are sitting it is easier to get to the standing position and then your legs will take up much of your weight not transferring the weight to the suspension.

·
Registered
3,522 Posts
sledcrazy,From what I have seen the REV will be the best at taking on whatever you can thow at it. dfi800 has riden a REV,maybe send him a PM and ask about his experiences.

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
sledcrazy~ I test drove one.  I took it off a couple nice jumps and it didn't even come close to bottoming out!  It was quite weird how it feels when you land though.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Originally posted by sledcrazy@Mar 20 2002, 12:38 PM
i like to hit big ### jumps, and im looking to get the REV X package, and im wondering how well it will handle the big jumps, will it bottom out??
You can not go wrong with this sled But if it is big big air you might look at revalving all 4 shocks I had to do this and I love it this way. some times I would bottom so hard I could not hold my body up in the standing poss.But ride it the way it comes and when you go to get the oil in the shocks changed then get it revalved if you need to. Have fun.

·
Registered
124 Posts
from my expiriences on the last year models, i did not bottom out at all.....for big bumps this sled is great.......

·
Registered
11,658 Posts
Originally posted by mxz7@Apr 3 2004, 08:15 AM
Paul,are you bored or something? :D
that is an understatement. it's funny to see some of these same topics over and over again. also to see what people voiced about 2-3 years ago and it not even being close. especially the one about no more 2 strokes. :blush:

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
Originally posted by LadyK@Apr 3 2004, 09:40 AM
Ya freaked me out Paul I thought sledcrazy was back w00t
Me too!! I was begining to get worried!!! :D

·
Registered
765 Posts
Paul I have been doing the same thing. Takes along time to get back that far w00t . Other then spending many hours on here looking at past topic's, I seem to put lots of hours playing with the sled / cleaning :p .

Now that I own a Rev I have nothing but great things to say about my Rev Renegade taking big jumps. Like any other sled is will bottom out from time to time :wink: .

Ian

·
Registered
3,817 Posts
Originally posted by Muskoka.doo@Apr 2 2004, 10:38 PM
You can not go wrong with this sled But if it is big big air you might look at revalving all 4 shocks I had to do this and I love it this way. some times I would bottom so hard I could not hold my body up in the standing poss.But ride it the way it comes and when you go to get the oil in the shocks changed then get it revalved if you need to. Have fun.
At the very least revalve the shocks. I put stiffer springs on mine. Way better. Seems to me like the Rev just loves to be riden harder and harder in the rough stuff and the stock suspension just is not capable of dealing with it.

·
Registered
192 Posts
i was actually thinking of doing the same thing as sledcrazy and is an 800 much heavier than a 440??

1 - 20 of 20 Posts