Snowmobile World banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My buddy has gone thru 7 belts on his 2006 renegade 600 sdi in under 1200 miles and the dealer in our town(Gordons Trailers the worst skidoo dealer around for customer service and knowledge) adjusted the clutches for him but its still blowing belts. We drilled the rivits out of the clutch guard so it wouldnt get so hot in the clutches but it doesnt seem to help Anyone have any ideas on how to fix his problem

·
Premium Member
5,122 Posts
50 bucks for an aluminum spacer??!!
Wow! Give me a sample and I can make them for way less than that. He is seriously ripping folks off at that price. It really doesn't appear to be a typo. It's listed at $50 in two different places.

·
Registered
802 Posts
50 bucks for an aluminum spacer??!!
Wow! Give me a sample and I can make them for way less than that. He is seriously ripping folks off at that price. It really doesn't appear to be a typo. It's listed at $50 in two different places.[/b]

I agree....I wouldn't pay that price either. When I bought mine at the end of last season, I paid $35 shipped. I wonder why the increase? :sarcasm:

·
Premium Member
5,122 Posts
I agree....I wouldn't pay that price either. When I bought mine at the end of last season, I paid $35 shipped. I wonder why the increase? :sarcasm:[/b]
Matt, do you still have the instructions or are you familiar with what is being achieved here with these spacers? If you can get me the info, I'll make us guys up a few of these for cost + something extra to help me pay for fuel to the shop and lunch while I'm there. $35 is way out of line for what he has into the part. That's only one part an hour. :crazy: I could do them for that price even if I were only making one piece.

·
Registered
802 Posts
Sorry, don't have the instructions any more....I think a threw them away recently. :crazy:

Basically what the spacer does is allow the secondary to float away from the center of the sled, which you can adjust to your likeing with a couple of washers he provides along with the spacer if you want more float than the spacer alone gives you. I have the spacer and one washer installed on mine, allowing it to float about 1/8"-1/4" if I remember correctly. It has helped quite a bit on my sled.

·
Registered
6,295 Posts
Matt, do you still have the instructions or are you familiar with what is being achieved here with these spacers? If you can get me the info, I'll make us guys up a few of these for cost + something extra to help me pay for fuel to the shop and lunch while I'm there. $35 is way out of line for what he has into the part. That's only one part an hour. :crazy: I could do them for that price even if I were only making one piece.[/b]

I have the instuctions Keith! :thumbsup: -Dave

·
Registered
36 Posts
put a clutch kit in it i put a cudney clutch kit in mine and there is no longer any sign of belt dust around the clutches any more put 2600km on about 600 on old belt and 2000km on new belt. plus the mirange pull is awsome.

·
Registered
3,413 Posts
I seem to remember a belt issue on our last day of riding during the powder trip :whatever:

·
Super Moderator
3,958 Posts
Keith let me know if you are going to make a couple of these. I am going to get a cudney kit so I may not need one from what douger says but you never know

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
Keith let me know if you are going to make a couple of these. I am going to get a cudney kit so I may not need one from what douger says but you never know[/b]
Budda, you not telling us something? Did you get a REV? IS that why the 500 is for sale?

1 - 20 of 31 Posts