Snowmobile World banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
3,817 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it just me or is Doo getting nothing for press about how the Rev's are winning races. When Cat has had a new sled that starts the racing season strong the mag's and websites are just full of stories and hype. Same when Polaris has a kick a$$ race sled. Doo pulls one out and gets very little attention. Maybe it's just that they expect it from Doo and are surprised when some one else starts winning and they feel they need to make a big deal about it.

·
Registered
3,910 Posts
its no big deal to see a skidoo win. Thats just the commen.

When arctic cat, yamaha or polaris wins thats like having the Toronto maple leafs win the cup.

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
It's the first race of the season and I imagine that the Cats are still working through teething problems... don't get your hopes up yet if you think this is going to be the way it is for all races.

·
Registered
3,817 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm not getting my hopes up put it just seems like when Polaris dominates at Haydays all the mag's and there websites pull out all the stops and praise Poo. The same with Cat. They start off strong at the begining of the season with the grassdrags and next thing you know it all that makes it into the books. When Doo does it the press tends to look the other way.

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
Who cares what the press thinks/writes, doesn't it really matter how your own Ski-Doo performs? We all like to see our brand of sled win races, but it's not like the outcome of these races directly affects you as a consumer anyway.

·
Registered
3,910 Posts
I remember the huge craze that the mags were giving the SRX. Other then the fact that they said it was very smooth and well laid out (which i agree with totally) They all said it was the fastest sled period.

I was very nervious when i lined up against my neighbors 01. However the mach ate it for breakfast, lunch and dinner. So dont belive what you read.

And dont read supertrax. :D

·
Registered
3,817 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Originally posted by Machzzzz1@Nov 26 2002, 05:27 PM
So dont belive what you read.

And dont read supertrax.
Super who ? Isn't that the mag they give that mag away for free ?

·
Registered
3,910 Posts
Its the Mag that thinks they can put down the Mach year after year. They think its cool to punk up every sled made and discribe it with attitude.

The way every article is written you think that the writers are 12 year old snowcross wannabes that are riding kittycats.

Free or not dont read it unless you want a laugh.

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
but what they are saying about the machz is true

·
Registered
3,910 Posts
I think the Mach looks real good. How dare they tell me my sled looks like a 90s hyundai. The handling may not be as sharp as some of the other sleds but its night and day better then any buick road master. And at speeds it is very very stable. And that third world taxi remark was just not needed.

Yes its funny, but it was even more funny for the people around me that read it. :(

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
i know its hard to let go sometimes :) denial is hard to accept :D

·
Registered
3,910 Posts
LOL panteraone. I think i just figured you out. Your scared of the CK3. It bosses you around, right. :D

Denial is hard to accept. LOL.

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
Panteraone, com'on, you just need to admit to yourself that you cant find anyone with big enough boots to KICK your hind end for selling the Mach! :sarcasm:

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
panteraone has been saying how the ck3 is junk and cant handle and so on.... but now it has come to my attention that the zx has a problem with cracking in the bulk head or in abouts that that is directly because it cant handle JUMPING .... lol... but im shure panter will say not mine... it is fastest in the trail and you cant touch it in powder and u cant beat him in drags and your not going to beat him in speed and ..........lol :p ;) :devil:

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
the only place a machz will do good is in a straight line,on top end the machz will blow by me,i can admit things,but here you have machzzzz1 saying how great the big mach is yet the next day how great the rev is(and it is)and that all his sleds from now on will be a rev...lol...if its not a straight line bye bye machz ,ive riden with many of them,yours are no different,it was funny last year a guy i was riding with was shooting off his mouth about the machz at lunch and a guy we were with has a modded srx and he kept saying how great the mach was and how crappy a srx was,i knew the srx would walk him so i suggested they race,and the srx(yes it was modded)walked him,and more than once..then 40 miles later the guy on the machz asked if i wanted to trade sleds for a bit,i laughed and said no...he was shocked why someone would say no to riding the mighty machz ,i said if i want to drive a tank ill join the army..like i said the motor is awsome nobody will argue that point...ITS THE CHASIS....the writing is on the wall the ck3 is leaving,i hope its replaced with a 3x3 zx or a triple single pipe rev..i would like my next sled to be a tripple,so guys im not against tripples....just the ck3 :D :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
he he im up to your tricks...lol :D

·
Registered
45 Posts
Originally posted by Machzzzz1@Nov 26 2002, 01:37 PM
Its the Mag that thinks they can put down the Mach year after year. They think its cool to punk up every sled made and discribe it with attitude.

The way every article is written you think that the writers are 12 year old snowcross wannabes that are riding kittycats.

Free or not dont read it unless you want a laugh.
I've thought that about that rag for years. They like to use real trendy terms such as "kevlar lake," and all that. I thought Trax was based in Ontario, so I figured them to be a little better that way. But most sled rags are based in Minnesota. I found that out by reading the mags and feeling their biases and then I looked at the masthead and most come from Minn, so there might be some tendency to root for the home teams.

I was a newspaper person for several years so I can state with experience: don't think you are necessarily getting objective reporting. You have to read between the lines and garner as much information as you can. Hopefully entertainment too, which brings us back to Trax. Someone should tell those boys they are not as witty and hip as they try to sound.

Nevertheless, I'd still read Trax if it was available on the newstand.

·
Registered
149 Posts
This is back on the topic of the orig post but are you talking about the CSRA snowcross race? When I looked at the Pro finish's it was all DOO with Cat and POO mixed in here and there. BUT the names of the top 3 in each Pro Class were the same guy or they were brothers or something.

So my point is how many Cat's and Poo's were entered? Was it Skidoo Country? I didn't recognize any of the names (not that I'm a snowcross guru) but how about the competition? Maybe the few guys riding the Cat's and Poo's aren't that good?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts