Snowmobile World banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11,658 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have the fuel tank off of my REV and i notice the suction line is long enough to place the fuel filter close to the back of the tank, within a couple inches of right to the back. with the back of the sled tilted up as per the normal the filter will be sitting out of the fuel before the tank has run dry. has anyone noticed the same thing and cut the fuel line shorter?

·
Registered
222 Posts
I assume you are talking about running the machine dry of gas in the spring. I don't know if there is an ideal length that would let you get all of the fuel out of the tank anyway with the contours on the bottom of the tank.

I just siphon as much gas out as I can which usually leaves very little. This gas has been treated with "Sta-bil".

No problems with doing it this way on 2 sleds every spring for a good many years.

Or are you talking about during regular riding and not being able to get all of the gas out of the tank? Personally I don't usually run that low on gas. JMO

·
journeyman sled/motorhead
4,440 Posts
I assume you are talking about running the machine dry of gas in the spring. I don't know if there is an ideal length that would let you get all of the fuel out of the tank anyway with the contours on the bottom of the tank.

I just siphon as much gas out as I can which usually leaves very little. This gas has been treated with "Sta-bil".

No problems with doing it this way on 2 sleds every spring for a good many years.

Or are you talking about during regular riding and not being able to get all of the gas out of the tank? Personally I don't usually run that low on gas. JMO[/b]
the problem lies with the moisture that will form in an empty tank. always fill them up and treat the fuel not drain them.

·
Registered
11,658 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Or are you talking about during regular riding and not being able to get all of the gas out of the tank?[/b]
yup.

·
Registered
11,658 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
always fill them up and treat the fuel not drain them.[/b]
seeing the tanks sweat to the height of the fuel inside the tank during a temperature change has me drain them dry.

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
Paul, I'm not sure when Skidoo changed their pick ups but that was a problem with the earlier Revs. If I remember correctly, they added a second pick up in the tank. 1 at the front and 1 at the rear. I remember reading something like that but at my age, people have the right to question what I remember. LOL. When I rode shotgun at the Kelly Shires Run, there was a woman that had a 05 Rev that would cut out when she was on a steep grade. Enough gas left to run ok but it was actually stalling out on her.

Jeff

1 - 6 of 6 Posts