Snowmobile World banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
URRRRR I just love the heated carbs on these revs :cussing: . I just pulled mine and snow4's is ready to come off other than the fluid lines.

Yah think doo would of thought out of the box on this one for servicing these things. Has anyone added a longer hose or added a shut off on the return side of the carb to the bottle?
It's not that you lose alot of coolant but rather the space to work in . TO pull or put back on, your in such a tight spot your pretty much working blind and you need to work quick if you dont want all your coolant in the bellypan. OH and if you have FAT fingers.. forget it!

I think this next spring im going to try adding some extra line w/ a shut-off on that side so you can get to things a little easier. I would just cap it off and have no heat but just as I doo that I'll need them .If I add enough line so it does not kink I shoud be good to go .

How do you deal with your heated carbs? , If it was'nt for that one line it would be a cake walk, I feel for all the guys that change jetting freqeuntly.

mutt

·
Registered
2,782 Posts
Rick, Put a longer hose that passes once around the coolant reservoir and add a foot to the side with the valve. For the amount of time we actualy use the heaters have longer hoses won't hurt. I put quick connectors from Sea Doo on mine. Too dam expensive for a once per year ordeal.

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Rick, Put a longer hose that passes once around the coolant reservoir and add a foot to the side with the valve. For the amount of time we actualy use the heaters have longer hoses won't hurt. I put quick connectors from Sea Doo on mine. Too dam expensive for a once per year ordeal.[/b]
Thanks Doc, I thought it would be ok .All I can see would be added some extra coolant to the system which could be a good thing. I did read somewhere were some have added a longer line to both sides w/ a 6" loop in them . Then they can pull carbs right out of the sled before pulling the coolant lines, but thier reasoning was for changing jetting . A shut off would be the ticket on the other side then very little coolant is lost and you do'nt need to be so worried on getting it capped off after you disconnect the line.

It's on the list for spring teardown :thumbsup: , shezz were not even into this season yet and im looking at building for next season already :crazy: :bash:

mutt

·
Registered
189 Posts
Just cap the line of at the head and carb. Remove the hose completly. You dont need it in Michigan. You have to be riding in below zero temps for a while before you turn it on anyway. Not to many people ride in that temp. I've had mine disconnected for the last 4 years. Another thing I did was extend the fuel line, so the carbs can be pulled out just enough to change jetting.

·
Registered
11,658 Posts
ok I`ll ask , why are you tearing the carbs apart ?[/b]
cleany clean.

for me though it's not bad i remove the anti-freeze with an anti-freeze tester.

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
When I did mine last year, I towed it from the shed to the garage. Didnt start it, hadnt been run since spring and I had them turned off and didnt loose hardly any antifreeze. I am hoping to do this again this year. Hope to clean mine this coming Sunday if I can get the wiring figured out on the GTX.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts