Snowmobile World banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
3,910 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went for my first real ride this weekend. Was probably the only one on the trail. Conditions were very very good. Better then all of last year. Drove from Gilmor to Lake st peter. Which is about 180km round trip.

Was driving the Mach most of the way but had a few turns on the rev.

The fact is that if you own anything other then a rev expect to be passed by one period. If your on a F7, RX-1, Mach, ZR it doesnt matter you better pray for a lake or a long straite if you want to stay infront. Going thru curves and long twisty trails i was doing around 150 and never let off. On the Mach i could not do more then 120 with out having to slow down for the corners or lose control on the terrain. And this is not just a symptom of the CK3, I went riding with 6 machines of all models and the rev was the only one that could carry these speeds. And the strange part about it is that you only feel like your doing 70km. I couldnt belive my eyes when I saw the trail I was going thru and the speed i was doing. When your accually doing 60km it feels like your stopped.

It seemed that everyone that drove this sled, even those who never speed or go fast or are scared of speed took this sled well over 100 and didnt feel scared at all. It makes slow drivers fast and bad drivers good.

I would say that it takes bumps and mogals well but the only problem was im not sure if there were any becasue you just dont feel anything well on this thing.

The highlight of the day was when my dad (Nimrod, posts on this site.) was driving it. This is a man that never went fast before. Always drove fast. And yet he managed to keep up to a F7. The driver looked back and saw him and started to give her. But he had no problem. The F7 was fast but looked out of control. The REV just wore him down until they pulled over and let him pass. THey were not pleased. THey were not beaten with power, they were beaten with ride quality and handling. They could go just as fast but they were way out of control and killing them selfs going over the mogals when the rev just took it like nothing.

The handling and persision and stability are unbelivable. Skidoo has definitly taken this sport to a compleatly new level. This is the future and not sled of the year but sled of the decade.

If you dont have one be prepaird to follow one.

I drove it before in my feild but now that I have taken it on the trails i have a whole new respect for it. That 600HO engine makes some serious power. Ive driven a lot of 700 twins and i would say it has them beat. It doesnt have the power of the Mach or the smoothness of the triple but It really has long legs and hauls up to 140 before you know it. Somthing ive not seen in many twins that normally fall flat around 120.

If this thing had the Mach engine this sled would simply dominate.

So now the ride is over. My back doesnt hurt, my neck isnt sore, my legs feel rested and fine. I could do it all over again. You just dont get tired on this sled.

One thing is for sure, I will never again buy a conventional sled again triple or no triple. I plead with skidoo to make a triple rev but if they dont I think i will have to side with the chassie over the engine.

OR MAKE MY OWN.

I got pictures and will post them tommarrow.

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
nice post machzzzz1,the more you talk the more i want to try a rev :D so does that mean a name change in the future?revvvv1? :p :thumbsup: have you had a chance to try the rx1?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Machzzz1, I totally agree with your assement of the REV. We got a freak snow storm in Michigan. I road 70 miles over the long weekend. I let my friend drive it and I took his 800 Artic Cat. All I could think about was wanting to get back on my REV. It IS for real. :0:

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
Sounds like the sled is better then expected. If i ever get mine i will let oyu know what i think the dealer says this week but that has been said for the last 4 weeks.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Machzzzz1,
Reading your makes me want to leave work and go riding (now)!! Sounds like a good first trail ride. :)

·
Registered
214 Posts
I totally agre with Machzzzzz. I rode with him and we went from Gilmor to Lake St Peter. Now I usually do not speed but on my Rev 600 Xpac you can't help it. This machine just eats up the trail. It goes airborn and lands and you dont miss a beat.
On the ride we hand 2 revs mine and a James Bond 1 mach 1 mxz and two formula 583. Everyone wants to buy a rev now. I smoked two cats on the trail they were all over the place and I just stayed on their ### for almost 10 miles. I could have been driving with one hand it was that stable.

Had a close call though. I was going 80 k south of Bancroft and a deer flew out infront of me. After cleaning out my pants I decided enough playing and started driving at regular speeds again.

My only complaint the guages tach and speedo fogged up on both the revs. Bombi better address this issue.

Buy the way i'm 50 years old and that rev made me feel 20 again. I will be spring ordering another one this year!!!!!!! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

·
Registered
27 Posts
:( This string of posts has just made me want a REV twice as much. I've been a strong Arctic Cat fan since I started riding in the early 90's, but the look, and now reviews, of the REV fixed that up quick. *sigh* Maybe I'll be able to afford one next year.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Just for the record my gauges fogged up too. Looks like another little bug to get worked out. Easy to let slide with such a nice ride. :0:

·
Registered
3,910 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Out of our group we have 3 possibly 4 Revs (Not sure if my friend bought one.) All of them have the gauge fogging problem.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Hey machzzz , are you sure your not a sales rep for bomby?I'm still pondering the thought of buying one , the thing that stops me is the f--- insurance , they said no to insurance for ether 600 or 800. And I priced it at the locals around Thunder Bay;$1147.00 a year was the cheapest. I have a class "a" licence with a perfect driving record for the last 10 years with all kinds of safety courses, on driving "b" train log trailers and wood chips. On top of that , I have had snowmachines since 89 and no claims , and a measure of experince driving them. So what is that? Bull--- I give up on it !They call this a free country, ha what a joke that is ! :cussing: :angry:

·
Registered
3,910 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
THey probably figure that in thunderbay your accually going to have snow to drive it. Thats why you pay more then me. :D

Keep looking.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Nothing in town yet but lots just west of us. Machzzz , how much do the ins rip you off for [approximate] per year, and where are you ins? I found one here for $668.52 for a 98mach z [cash up front] . Thats half price of a rev almost .

·
Registered
215 Posts
Great post MachZ/nimrod.
I just got in from a short ride on REV-X 800 and I gotta say...this thing rocks!!!
Feels like a bit more power than my 02" MXZ-8.
I really didn't have any probs. transistioning into the REV chasis, felt normal to me (very much like riding my quad).
It was kinda strang how my knees tended to gravitate to always touching the hood (if thats what they call it). It may just be my riding style. This could make for cold knees (we'll see how that pans out durring the season).
I must say that I did get a lot of looks (which I really didn't mind at all...hehe)
This is truly THE wave. Get with it, or move out of the way!

PS....I'll probly have to bring a book to read or something while i'm waiting for all my riding partners to catch up)

Trapper :hallo1:

·
Registered
211 Posts
Skimikedoo-

How can you put a price on your happiness? :p

Now, I can feel for your pain, but snowmobiling is never cheap. While I can say I don't have to pay those premiums for insurance (my 2002 MXZ700 costs $140 US per year to insure), I DO say just pay it and go baby. :devil:

I have my 700, and a MXZx440, and I just made arrangements to pick up a new REV600X. Now any person in their right mind would say 3 sleds for one person? Of course, not being of sound mind or body from December through March, my answer is "why be good, when it feels so much better to be bad?" :devil:

BUY THE REV!!

·
Registered
388 Posts
Machzzzz1, was the track studded? Also, my speedo was replaced by my dealer before I picked it up!! It was fogged over a little, while still in the showroom.

·
Registered
8,771 Posts
Originally posted by Machzzzz1@Dec 2 2002, 12:32 AM
Going thru curves and long twisty trails i was doing around 150 and never let off.
Let me know when you're heading for the rail line & I'll go somewhere else. Watch out for the Peterborough (riding out of Apsley) & Bancroft OPP & their radar guns. At least you'll know how accurate your speedo is :doh:

1 - 20 of 38 Posts