Snowmobile World banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had the opportunity to take a couple shots of the REV on asphalt this weekend. Rumor has it the REV will be at cicero next weekend.

PS First hand experience says the REV RUNS!!!

GLH

·
Registered
4,659 Posts
Where's the pics GLH?
  Have you run your renegade on ashphalt yet?

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
We do not run the Renegade on asphalt, just snow.  I would be glad to post the pics if someone would explain how.  I have not posted pics in a year and it seems different now???

GLH

·
Registered
4,316 Posts
you just add the pics at the bottom of the page where you type your reply. You can only do 1 pic per post

·
Registered
229 Posts
GLH, was it one of the proto's or the real deal? Just trying to save some time if I don't have to set up my 01 800 for the grass if the 800 REV is on the way now.

·
Registered
858 Posts
Goooo Rev  

·
Registered
360 Posts
sweet

·
Registered
229 Posts
GLH, the pic's answered my earlier post on this topic. I can hear the meowing already about the poor hookup on the ZR.
Thanks for sharing these great pic's.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
doopilot,

Actually the ZR hooked much better than the REV.  If I had hooked as good the race would have been a little different.  The chassis is going to be good when some other little thing are done.  We had set the sled up the day befor and had little time to adjust for traction.  With good bite it launches like a dream!!!

GLH

·
Registered
4,659 Posts
SWEET PICS GLH. Some nice eye candy on a buggy spring day. I bet the gade would kick butt on the pavement as well as it does on the snow

Thanxs for taking the time to figure out how to post pics

·
Registered
229 Posts
GLH, my mistake, all the smoke from the Cat gave me the impression it was from excess track spin. Especially with what appeared to be the Doo out in front and virtually no smoke from it.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
The doo was out in front on most every launch but would get passed around 1000'.  The doo had stock jetting with hopes that the DPM would take over.  It seemed pretty clean.  The ZR was a little rich on the bottom but we had to do that to keep from bogging out of the hole.  The difference was about 2 sleds lengths at the end.

GLH

·
journeyman sled/motorhead
4,440 Posts
I am with Bill, lets here numbers ,not hype.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I did not post numbers because we had poor traction.  The strip was actulaay a runway.  The only thing I had to go by was my bike.  That bike ALWAYS run's 11.2 - 11.5 at 125-130 mph.  The bike ran 12.7's at this runway.  Pretty slow.  The zr 900 ran 11.9 and the rev ran 12.2.  The numbers are slower than if we were on a good tar surface.  I was more impressed with the way it kept up with the ZR and that seemed to hook pretty descent.  Cicero will tell the real story.  REMEMBER we only spent about 2 hours getting the sled ready for the track.  I changed only the primay spring and helix, that's it.  I would say that a half second faster is a definite, bringing the time to 11.6 with little to no clutch work.  I think with a little work high 10's are in the game.  As it was we dropped .6 sec from bone stock but is was a slippery surface to.  I would spin to about 100ft.  I could floor it on the second yellow light and still not red-light.  MPH was around 115 in this form.  There were not 60' times either, that's why I brought my bike.  Just to have a constant in the roundup.

GLH

1 - 20 of 34 Posts