Snowmobile World banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:angry: If you own a REV and are experiencing paint flaking on the A-arm welds, log your complaint on the SKI DOO web site now if you are looking for resolution. If not enough voices are heard Bombardier won't do anything. This is what I was told by their customer service. They are aware of this issue but there is no action planned to fix it!

·
Registered
310 Posts
Just a question...... Is the paint ONLY flaking off the welds?? Are the welds still strong or are they weak now??

·
Registered
858 Posts
From what I have seen it's not flaking off, the paint just didn't stick, it's not compatible with the welding material (kinda like trying to mix gas with water) but still, this should be addressed by bombi, especially if it rusts...

·
Registered
98 Posts
I have three Rev's in my basement and all three are doing this. I submitted a few complaints and they did call me back to discuss it. The rap they are giving me is that they used a new welding rod/material, which is supposted to be stronger than any that they have used before, that the paint is not adhearing to. Currently I just have what look like chips of paint missing. They said that they expect most of the paint to come off the welds, but not to worry, what looks like rust is not, it is just the weld. Basically what they are saying that that the material they used will not take paint, but it will not rust either. Not sure I believe that! They said that at this time, they are not planning on doing anything about this. They are admitting there is an issue, so we are part way there.

Do as Louis says and let them know!

·
Registered
31 Posts
That sux,
I am currently looking to buy 2 revs,maybe i should wait and see what bombardier will do!
They better fix the prob or at least send people a check to get the damn thing repainted right.(if possible)

·
Registered
278 Posts
Originally posted by AC@Nov 15 2002, 07:43 PM
From what I have seen it's not flaking off, the paint just didn't stick, it's not compatible with the welding material.
When looking at mine I agree the paint did not stick to some spots but i dont think it is rust you are looking at. To me it has a gold colour to it. I think this is the weld.

Also what I found with mine is the outside corners on my windshield are vary sharp not rounded and scrape on the headlight molding. ??? The only way for me to fix this is I took a small file and rounded the corners of the windshield,looks better and I get no scraping.(yes I try to adjust it first but did not help.) The only other thing I found that will be a pain in the a ss is if you need to change your head light, dont even think of doing this out in the cold. You have to rip half the sled apart to get at the bulbs.But this is a small trade off for how easy it is to get at every thing else on this sled,such as the chain case and how easy it is now to find the grease fiting for the drive shaft. Comfort is the best of any sled I have been on yet.The seat is nice and plush. If I can get the time I will post some pic :thumbsup: Sorry abount the rant !

1 - 8 of 8 Posts