Snowmobile World banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yes, I have had a few encounters with my new 800 Rev. I have noticed paint chipping from my welds on the front suspension. But! the first thing I notice was the front springs slapping against the shocks. It happens when the sled is opened slightly above idle. Upon closer investigation I realized that the shock is not centered down the outer spring or vise versa. Thus the slap against the shock at the right RPM. So I went to the grass drags last week and fired up a demo Rev to see if a had the same issue. The Demo Rev had the same nosie and worse spring alignment. Any body having this noise on their Rev's? 600 or 800.

On a good note the 600 h.o. won the stock class at the grass drags in Kimball MI....MSDRA.Com-See ya at the Novi Show.

;) [/QUOTE]Where you are is of no moment, but only what you are doing there.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I have an '02 mxz800x- My front springs slap the shock body at certain RPM, too. Probably has more to do with the vibration of the 800 motor than anything else.
My 700 does not have this issue.

·
Registered
387 Posts
I have an 800X and at low idle the spring slaps the shock, unfortunately it is normal, its a side effect of big twins thay just vibrate a lot , especially at low idle...

I fixed it though - I cut a small piece of rubber in the shape of an "8" inserted it between the shock and the spring and rotated it to the back.

it stops the noise and will have no effect on spring operation...

IMO - should have come from the factory that way! But if this and small rust spots on the A-arm is all we have to put up with I will be happy... We will soon know!

·
Registered
328 Posts
Ya I got the same spring slap on my sled. It has rubbed the piggiebacks enough to flat spot them.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts