Snowmobile World banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,300 Posts
That's not the REV prototype. It's a retro prototype that Bombardier had at the dealer's show. The company considered marketing it, it never showed up on showroom floors. Maybe there was negative feedback from the dealers.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I realize it's not a true prototype...just thought it was funny to see the similar tail piece..centralized mass driver seating and an independent front end.
Brad :)

·
Registered
120 Posts
Good guess! But that is not a Rev Prototype. That is actually a sled that Doo was going to release as a retro sled. Kinda like the Plymouth Prowler and the Chevy SSR of the car world.
I dont know why they didnt release it. There are probably a lot of people who would buy it as a collecters item.
If you look at the SkiDoo Rev brocher, you will see a picture of the first Rev prototype called the Cafe Racer.
For those of you who dont know. The Rev design was on the snow in 1998. But it was top secret and only Doo R&D was riding it!
It was either in 1999 or 2000, the Rev was being raced over in Europe. This was to find out how good it would be before it was to be released in North America.

Makes you wonder what they have in the making right now!

·
Registered
3,910 Posts
Maybe somewhere in Europe theres a MachZ with SDI and 200HP kicking the living crap out of some lynxs sleds.

Just to see if its good enough for the North american market. :)

·
Registered
226 Posts
I do believe that Ski-Doo was using it as a "What do You Think" poll to check out the dealers response, because it does have similar features to the Rev. Sort of like a small tease of what is yet to come out. I wonder how many times they have done this before?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts