Snowmobile World banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How much does the tool cost to remove the rear bolt on the back of the REV suspension. I received mine not to long ago, and I plan on studding the track. However I noticed the rear bolt is inverted and needs a special tool.

Speaking of studding. I heard the tunnell protector kits require the seat to be removed so you can put in the rivets. I also heard conflicting stories about the gas tank. Some say you have to take it off, and others said you won't have to because it takes 4 hours to remove the tank.

Has anyone been under the rear suspension and have some good tips for studding?

·
Registered
189 Posts
Jbird, what bolt on the back of the suspension? Lots of bolts back there.

Gas tank should come off so you dont hit it with a drill bit. It does not take 4 hours to take it off. I did mine in about 1/2 hour. The next time I do it will probably take 20min

Attachments

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The bolt I was speaking of is the rear skid frame bolt to drop out the suspension. Sorry if I wasn't clear before.

Nice pic, looks like you did a lot of work. Glad to see the guts of the sled.

After you took the seat off, was it pretty straight forward removing the tank. I am looking for some helpfull hints when I get under there. I am just waiting to get the tunnell protectors so I can start the studding process. I haven't tore it apart yet because I figured i would make one big job out of it.

T

·
Registered
678 Posts
It's just a allen head bolt, if I remember right it's 8 or 10mm

1 - 4 of 4 Posts