Snowmobile World banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for a little advice as to which Rev would suit my riding style.  I usually ride with my wife but Thursday nights me and the boys go out for more aggressive riding.  I am looking to buy a REV soon and the dealers keep telling me that the X package will handle better all around for me but I have read that remote reservior shocks are for very aggressive riders only.  
Can anyone tell me what I could expect from the different shocks?
Any suggestions would help.

Thanks
Bob

·
Registered
3,522 Posts
shoebox,I struggled with the same decision when I orderd my 02 MXZ.I went with the sport because I wanted a little more of a cushy ride.When I rode with the boys the HPGs never faded out at all.The X will ride stiffer but it may be a different ball game in the REV chassis.It would be nice to ride each sled for a couple hours and then make a decision.Save a couple bucks and save your sore a$$ when you ride with momma,get a sport.

·
Registered
8,771 Posts
I had a 95 MXZ 440 with the take apart HPGs and I had to take the rear shocks in twice to the dealer to get them revalved so I had a comfortable ride. I only weigh 165, so they ride was stiffer than I liked.

I have read that the dealers have a calibration for the X models this year if the shock valving was too stiff for trail riding. Maybe this will be available for the REV chassis.

·
Registered
858 Posts
I tried the sport Rev and I can't see how the susp. could be better. I usually bottom all sleds, I have springs rated for 380 pounds and some extra big bushing on my sled to feel comfortable, (I'm 230 but love bumps). The Rev I tryed was set at minimum setting and I just couldn't bottom the darn thing. I'm not sure if they were stock springs though.

·
Registered
308 Posts
I had a chance to ride a rev last week rode for about 10 miles  very quick sled I thought.  the dealer who had the sled on the ride said it take 1/2 a day to get used to it   I thought it rode good considering the weight difference between myself (150 fully dressed) and the dealer (at least 275) the only thing I did not like was the way the steering was  I thought it darted back and forth in the other ski tracks on the trail.   but was not hard on my back at all.
it is the first sled I rode that did not have a windshield and I did not like that at all.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Thanks for the insights... the REV shock choice was a dilema for me as well.  The REV X also has a tunnel reinforcement and a "racing brake" to differentiate it from the Sport.  I think am gona opt for a REV Sport 800 vs the REV X 800.  This leaves me with one more "issue" to resolve.  Is it worth getting the 1.25 track?  My 96 mxz has studs (I bought it used like that) but the track is looking worse for wear ... it hooks up real nicely though.  Whats some positive or negative info/opinions on staying with the 1.0 or switching to the 1.25 lug track?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts