Snowmobile World banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i think a lot of guys might cut the rear snowflap on their REV....me and a buddy were looking at mine last night and both said the same thing. i think it would make it look more aggressive..im not saying this would ne the right thing to do because doesnt that design help the cooling? i know a lot of guys really dont like the flap on the rev....also has anyone noticed that when loading and unloading the rev the flap scrapes the ground?..i dont really like that, but what can you do...just some things that ive noticed about the Flap....what do you guys think?

·
Registered
978 Posts
I find it works really good for keeping the snow dust down, I was just out with my 800rev with my bro, and when I whitched sleds with him and I was following it, the snow bellows out the sides but the very back of the sled can been seen clearly. Alot easier to follow. But I have to say it's the best sled I've ever had for riding over very ruff terain. The last 2 day's we've had enough snow to venture out on the trails, and it amazes me how hard you can push threw the bumbs and bearly feel it. I jumped on my bro's 01mxz 800x while he tried it and I couldn't waite to get back on the rev!! Getting back to the flap, you can get a kit the converts it like the snow cross version of the rev, looks way cool!!! But the flap that it comes with is ok, Ive loaded and unloaded mine and it hits the ground but doesn't seem to bother it. :D :D

·
Registered
8,771 Posts
Kenny, more info on that flap kit!! is it from 'doo or the aftermarket? What are the part numbers?

·
Registered
278 Posts
Originally posted by kennypope@Nov 23 2002, 08:42 PM
we've had enough snow to venture out on the trails.
kenny, Is the riding good enough to drive up. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
978 Posts
I don't think it's worth driving up yet, I'm still trailering my sled to porcupine lake and going from there, not that much snow, but it's got a pretty good crust to it, from having cold mild cold weather. You would really have to know the area to know where to go. As far as the snowcross flap, I will call my dealer (george's gargage), my bro was down to see him yesterday and my dealer, converted a rev600 into a renegade rev and put this flap set up on it. I can find out from him on mon and let you know!! :blahblah:

·
Registered
387 Posts
Yup --- it rubs the ground when unloading from a tilt trailer.

I think removing an inch will solve the "rubbing"
problem and an inch won't have any effect on cooling...

i didn't do it yet but I will... if the black one rubs its no big deal but
I just bought a yellow flap and I am assuming it will get quite dirty when rubbing...

AAJMO!

BTW - To the guys above talking about ride -- I had a chance to try mine earleir this month, and it is super sweet, smooth as glass on some pretty nasty stuff.. problem is all my buddies want to try it out and I don't want to give it up! TOO MUCH FUN! Gonna be a lotta guys pissed that they didn't get one!

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
My dealer told me the other day that Doo is already going to do away with plow flap and go more towards the sno-pro flap.....

·
Registered
215 Posts
The Doo reps told me NOT to remove the goofy flap (or inst. the snowcross type) as it will greatly affect the cooling (or lack of) of the heat exchangers. They said you would have to add extra heat exchangers to compensate.
Yeah, I know it looks bad, but it'll grow on ya.

·
Registered
310 Posts
It doesnt look TOO bad I dont think. Altho the snopro version looks better. I bet you could do that w/ no problems.

·
Registered
108 Posts
How about some pics of that Renegade Rev ???? :0: :0: :0:

·
Registered
963 Posts
heres a pic of the renegade rev for you revster :D enjoye

·
Registered
2,303 Posts
YA I'M THE 200th PERSON TO READ THIS TOPIC. BY THE WAY CUT IT OFF!

·
Registered
3,183 Posts
SHORT FLAP=SNOWY BACK. I found this out already, as my Phazer now sits lots higher than it used to. I have to extend my flap; it is WAY too short.

Attachments

·
Registered
539 Posts
Be careful on the 800 HighMark. Unloading on a drive off is OK, it rubs but no big deal. Saturday I was in a tight spot and had to back the Cat off the trailer. It started off then stuck, looked at the back of the machine and the flap had went under the track and acted like a brake. We had to lift it to remove stuck flap then hold it up while I continued to back off trailer. Not a very safe thin to do, holding flap while backing up..... :blahblah:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts