Snowmobile World banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last Sunday our family and my brother and his family went to Syracuse for the snowmobile show and while we were looking at the Ski-Doo's he noticed that the Rev's have quite a stiff throttle pull. He has a F7 on order right now and actually likes the Rev better, but the throttle on the Rev pulls too hard. He e-mailed Ski-Doo and asked them if there was a fix for this and is waiting for a response, but I thought it might help to post this and see if anyone has any feedback about this. He owns a 02 ZR 800 now and that sled throttle pulls easier than the Rev. Any responses to this post would be appreciated.

·
Registered
4,659 Posts
The REV's have flat side carbs too. Maybe the throttle cable was binding somewhere on the DEMO. The VM's on my mach's and 00 mxz700 were very hard too pull . LadyK could not even ride it for more than a few KMS, she had too palm it. The new TM flatsides are night and day, so much nicer.
After the first couple rides and no problem. I like to keep my throttle muscle in shape over the off season with ATV's :D

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
I've always found doo's with flatsides have had a nice
easy throttle pull.Much better than the round slides like permafrost
said. SWRules :hallo7:

·
Registered
229 Posts
Was that ZR 800 an EFI model, if so they will always have an easier throttle pull than any sled with carbs. My 800 REV is no worse than any other Ski- Doo twin with flatslide carbs. If throttle pull is a major consideration in the purchase, he'll be happier with the F7 since it comes with EFI.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
His ZR 800 has carbs. At the show we both pulled a 800 and 600 Rev. and then a Mach Z and the triple pulled quite a bit easier. The dealer that he ordered the F7 from was there and did the same test and had to agree with my brother on the stiffer pull of the Rev. The dealer sells both Cats and Ski-Doo so he wasn't being biased.

·
Registered
229 Posts
The Mach Z always did have an easy pull on the throttle. Why the twins don't pull as easy, I'm not sure. But if you ever drove a 95-96 Mach 1 with 44 round slides, you'll agree the new Ski- Doo's have far easier pull. Since Ski-Doo doesn't use safety switches on the slides, they used stiff springs to compensate for that before flat slides.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Stiff throttle to seperate the men from the boys! :hallo8:

This is not your fathers Doo!

J/K..I'd say they had the cable running on the outside of the mag carb rather than between the two. Had this happen on our grass sled after making a main jet change. Once we figured out what we did wrong everything had been fine.

·
Registered
310 Posts
You guys wanna see a stiff throttle!?? U guys should check out my dads 96 ultra sks 700 triple. DAMN that thing gets tiring after about 10 seconds. My friends xc500 pulls VERY easy, and my mxz does as well. but holy crap that ultra is sooooo stiff.

·
Registered
116 Posts
This past weekend I did some grass drag'in with some buddys, and had a chance to take out a REV X 600 h.o. I found the throttle to be very light, and had no problems with it.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Maybe we will go to the Ski-Doo dealer and check out one from the floor. Thanks for the responses.

·
Registered
11,658 Posts
never check the floor models at a show because i've been told by one r & d guy that some floor models don't even have the right engines in them. ???

1 - 13 of 13 Posts