Snowmobile World banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a friend who will be studding a REV for a friend and he would like to know exactly what it will require?

Ive heard that its something special or different than the ZXs. What sort of tunnel protection, pattern changes?

He is studding a 800 for a guy that doesnt really ride all that hard so how many etc.

He believes its just the 1" track and its a sport model 800.

Thanks

·
Registered
388 Posts
Man, you ought to check out the posts about studding issues with the REV before the studding takes place. Special tunnel protectors are needed and have been hard to come by. CHECK THEM OUT!!!

·
Registered
215 Posts
I studded my REV 800 X the same way I did everything else and had NO probs. If you want to give Ski-doo more $$ for tunnell protectors thats cool. Other wise, pick up a set of 1" and slide em in.
The heat exchanger is the same as my 02 MXZ (the protectors aren't over the trace windows) so you will have to watch your patern to not hit the protectors.
Your bud is correct, it's a 1" lug. I went with the Woodys gold diggers 1.175 x 5/16 and Saber angeled alum. backers. On an 800 you'll need anything less than 192 would be silly. As far as the pattern, I like to make my own. I have 4 studs per paddle, but there is always 3 in the center belt. I skip every-other lug on the outside to get this.

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
Does anybody actually know what's in the kit from Ski-Doo? I heard there were protectors for the rear flap, but I cannot imagine why they're necessary.

·
Registered
340 Posts
We just recieved the factory tunnel prep kits from Ski-Doo, they consist of two sets of offset aluminum channels, that will then allow the use of the traditional plastic protectors. The kits also have many nuts and bolts, which I thought was odd. I only got a quick look at the kits, but I know Ski-Doo told us the seat and tank have to come off, and the rear of the suspension has to be dropped out. I will post a follow up, with some p/n's as I get the real skinny.
Rich K.

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
IMHO, 'Doo really dropped the ball on this one. Instead of installing them at the factory, we get to pay the dealer several hours labour for the installation. Anybody know why they did it this way?

·
Registered
340 Posts
A follow up on the REV tunnel prep kits. P/N 861783500 for a 1" track, and P/N 861783900 for a 1.25" track. The kits have two sets of aluminum box rails, one set about 30", and one set about 13". Also one set of normal S/D style tunnel protectors for the long rails, and a set of offset protectors for the 13" rails. I didn't open a kit, but they have full instructions, and some misc new bolts in the kit also. Good luck,
Rich K.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Was at my dealer on Sat. and looked at the new protection kit from Ski-doo needed for studing my REV. Two additional rail need to be installed on out side of track windows and two for the rear hinged flap. Tank & seat need to come out in order to install. This means I will not be able to install any studs out side track windows. The two protectors that run in the heat exchangers are spaced apart atleast 1 inch different then my 02MXZ. I would like to run 144 studs and it looks like its going to be all down the middle. Because of this spacing I,m going to use double backers so I can get the studs closer together. Does any one know if this new kit is really needed or not, and if so what is ski-doo trying to protect.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Polarbus, does the 1" track protectors have the offset to center over the windows or is it only on the 1 1/4 track. I've been told the 1" is straight (no offset). I hope the 1 1/4 has the offset.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts