Snowmobile World banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have heard countless reports of test rides of the new Revs but nothing on the Firecats or RX-1s.  I actually heard that Yamaha has displayed the RX-1 in a couple locations but would not permit test rides.  I have also not heard of any Firecat test rides.  What is up with that?

·
Registered
2,083 Posts
There are more revs available, ski-doo ran a test run on the  production line, I believe there are about 60 of them out and about.  There are only a couple hand built RX-1's available, not sure on the firecat, but I don't believe cat has ever offered demo rides anyway.

·
journeyman sled/motorhead
4,440 Posts
I dont know about test rides but I saw a firecat running around the traverse city area this weekend.

·
Registered
413 Posts
Is it possible that Doo is letting everyone hype the REV and get hooked on it before they tell you what it's gonna cost???
Think about it.

·
Registered
3,910 Posts
We know what its going to cost.  Its not a suprize.  I went to my dealer and priced out a 600HO X package yellow and orange for 11500.00 CDN.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Well thats the same price that i got!
I seen the RX-1 at the silver dome in detroit at the snowcross thing!
It sounds like a motorcyccle!
And in big and hevey
The front bumper is still a prototype
and humm the exosted comes out the back like a motorcycle!
Thats sweet looking!
and digetle tach/speedo

·
Registered
16 Posts
Bad news, was out to Fernie on the weekend and there was a 900 1M Cat outclimbing most of the $25000 mod sleds, it might be bad news for us doo riders unless this new 800 H.O. is spectacular

·
Registered
3,910 Posts
Doo is nothing less.

Do you know for sure if the 900 cat was stock.

Because I find it hard to belive that a stock machine could beat mods.  Those things are awsome.

·
Registered
16 Posts
It was bone stock, I wouldn't have believed it either unless I saw it!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Sorry guys I am having a hard time with all the hype on the new sleds. If the rev and the firecat are so great then why is polaris winning races with the old edge chassis?

I think the sleds look nice , but the rest is mostly type to get us to buy new sleds.

·
Registered
4,316 Posts
shooting this over to General...

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
There is an F5 sitting at the local dealer a friend told me today.  I'm going down tommorow to take a look.  Don't think they would allow test rides and even if they did there is no snow to do it on.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts