Snowmobile World banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
8,771 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is the text of an email I sent to Sportech after what someone mentioned in an earlier post. If the guys that have ordered REVs sent them an email, maybe they would consider this product. Their email address is: [email protected] If they did come out with a kit and its appearance was a big improvement over the factory 'shield, I might look at buying a REV for '04.

(Quote)I've been checking out the snowmobile message boards and a lot of people don't like the handlebar mounted windshield that the 2003 MXZ REV will have. One person suggested that since the Open class REVs had a hood mounted windshield maybe Sportech could come out with a kit to install a windshield on the hood. Have it so that it protected the drivers face from the wind and flare it at the sides to protect the hands. The part that goes in front of the hands on the factory windshield looks like something they stole from a enduro bike. (Quote)

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
Sounds good revrnd!  Hope they take some action 'cuz there would be many more people satisfied with the sled.

·
Registered
8,771 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Were many people disappointed when Yamaha & AC got rid of the handlebar mounted windshields?

·
Registered
11,658 Posts
revrnd,
 the shield follows along the top of the coweling on the rev does it not ? as for the yamaha shield it was on top of the bars with that big gap in between the cowel and bars. as for the cat i guess i never seen one.

·
Registered
8,771 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
IINM the REV's design is similiar to the Prowler.

·
Registered
8,771 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
"Ask and ye shall receive." OK, that's it for my bible studies this year
Here's the email I got back from Sportech. I'd like to see the mid-height windshield. Hopefully, it'll get rid of the hand protectors. Without them, I think your hands are sure to freeze solid & fall off.

(Quote)Thank you for your suggestion about a hood-mounted windshield for the hot new Ski-Doo Rev.  We couldn't agree with you more, and enclosed you will find a sneak peak at our new Cobra Fly Screen Windshield, in a chrome version.  We will offer low and mid height models, in chrome, clear, black and yellow.  Check out how cool this whole package looks(and what an improvement it is over stock&#33
with our new Speed Guard Handguards and the tinted Light Shields.

Have no fear, we are on this deal...big time!

Take care,

Chris Carlson, President
Sportech, Inc.
(Unquote)

The handguards are yellow, green ?, black, blue? & red.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Sweet, still wish you could get the X package in all yellow.I really hate the orange.I guess I will wait & buy a used REV 440 after next years race season instead.Those will already have that style windsheild & the nicer looking snow flap.

·
Registered
8,771 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
02SnoPro, maybe you can trade for a yellow hood with some cheapskate that wants everyone think he has an X, but doesn't.

I can remember back in the '80s, guys with YZs from the US writing in the dirt bike magazines asking if there were any Canucks who wanted to trade plastic. I'm not sure of the colours back then, but the US & Canadian models differed.

·
Registered
858 Posts
I wonder if sportech would also make a decent snowflap, they would sell like hotdogs on the trails  

·
Registered
8,771 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
There's more to that backend bunch of junk. The bumper is tied in there somewhere too. John Massinberg on Snowtrax said the bumper was too low to start with. I noticed that too when I was crawling around. I think you would have to extend the tunnel to mount a conventional snowflap & bumper. It wouldn't be hard to do if a person had access to a sheet metal brake.

Any tinknockers out there?

·
Registered
84 Posts
About the "snowflap", there seems to be a lot of confusion about this design.Many people state without it the sled will overheat.If that is the case how did this years Mod REV's get away with a conventional flap? Also next years REV 440 L.Q sleds will have a conventtional flap.So cant you just buy the parts off that sled & make them work on the consumer REV's?

·
Registered
3,183 Posts
Now, that looks much better.  Totally out of the way, and looks fast, sharp, wicked.  Probably stay together better, too.

·
Registered
8,771 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I asked Chris Carlson at Sportech about whether the hand guards are needed with the midheight windshield. He said yes and that they were tested this winter. I would assume that the narrow bodywork at the top precludes making a wider windshield.

·
Registered
279 Posts
The sport tech looks cool but Id bet you would freeze your tail off at -20. I could live with the looks of the original or the sport tech if they offered protection!

·
Registered
8,771 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Check this out: http://www.sportechinc.com/whatsnew.html

There's a second windshield that replaces the OEM one & pivots w/ the bars. It is available black or chrome in a low height. Or clear in a mid-height.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts