Snowmobile World banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dilemma for me as to what model REV to buy.  My only existing sled is a 96 Mxz 583 and that will become the wife's machine next season once the Rev is in the garage!  I like riding with the boys but as the wife will now have a sled next year, I know that there will be some significant time spent "touring" (she is helping pay for it, so whats a guy to do). Question: is it worth it for me to get the X model instead of the Sport?  I want the 800, RER and DPM options... I am still looking at close to $1000 price difference to go to the X.  I heard that the main difference would be that the remote res shocks won't fade as quickly... does it make a big difference?  How about getting the 1.25 lug track vs the 1.0? Any insights to help me decide would be appreciated.  Thanks.

·
Registered
2,037 Posts
Go all out or you will regret it afterwards, so get the X and get the 1.25 track, if i had my time back when i bought my sled in 01 i would have had the 800 instead of the 700 just for the sake of having the biggest.

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
I thought I was the only one with a small man complex......JUST JOKES......I try to always buy the biggest and best because when I dont I always have regrets

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
the shocks on the x package make it well worth the extra money. Plus it will help the resale value if you ever want to off it.

·
Registered
3,910 Posts
Go for the Mxz X.  It will hold value much better and give you a better riding experiance.  I rode the X and would not buy anything else because i dont want any compromise.

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
X all the way!  All out like the other guys said.  

·
Registered
530 Posts
I got a X this year, and I'm loving every minute of it.  My bro has just a regular MXZ 700, and I think the X is a lot more attractive.  That big X on the windshield and seat.  I Just love it.  I say get the X!!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts