Snowmobile World banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
903 Posts
I got mine about a week ago.

I have to say the sled looks pretty impressive, and the tests were nothing short of fair.

·
Registered
593 Posts
how do we get these?

·
Super Moderator
9,075 Posts
Yes, we recieved ours about 5 day's ago......Already watched it too..lol

That sled is very impressive ! They match it up with all 3 competitiors, arctic cat, yamaha and Polaris. They swtich riders and positions to make it fair, but that XP came out on top everytime, for every type of riding. hummmmmm Sure has me thinking about a new one in a couple of years.

On this DVD they have the sypder too, and other products.

Snow4

·
Registered
903 Posts
how do we get these?[/b]
If you regularly don't get stuff from BRP (like catalogues, etc.), then stop by your dealer and pick one up. You can see the tests on the XP website as well.

·
Registered
593 Posts
If you regularly don't get stuff from BRP (like catalogues, etc.), then stop by your dealer and pick one up. You can see the tests on the XP website as well.[/b]
Ok, thanks. Will do.

·
oldslowsledder
6,491 Posts
Have not received one yet, hopefully it's forthcoming. BRP send me stuff on a regular basis so should be on their mailing list :p

·
oldslowsledder
6,491 Posts
Thought it was a decent attempt at the truth, from a BRP perspective of course :p

·
Registered
8,771 Posts
I haven't gotten 1 yet. A friend who hasn't owned a sled for 'doo for years got 1. But he buys a new Sea-doo about every 2nd year.

Maybe because I bought a new '07 BRP figured it would be a waste of money to send me a DVD.

·
Registered
258 Posts
just a question...the xp is an 800 right???

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
just a question...the xp is an 800 right???[/b]

XP stands for the body or chassis style.
They come with either the 500SS (600cc) the 600 HO (High Output) and 600SDI (Semi Direct Injection) and the 800R HO PowerTEK.

It's similar to the names REV, ZX, S, F.
These have refered to various chassis models that they have built various sleds on.
On the XP chassis, you can buy an MXZ, MXZ Renegade,(These also have a spring order "X" package option.) GSX and probably a couple that I'm forgetting.

Jeff

·
Registered
258 Posts
ok another...the one they used in there video was the 800 ..right?

·
Registered
258 Posts
thank -you....i was wondering i thought it was an 800....well i know the polaris was a 700 what were the others??..anyone know??

·
Registered
11,658 Posts
they should be careful sending out media like that. i'm not into publicly downplaying the competition it looks bad. what happens if the competition sends out a dvd with a different colour at the front?

·
Registered
160 Posts
I received my xp DVD this week.

Looks impressive.

More power.
More room in the footwells.
Lighter weight.
Better handling.
Better guages.

Sounds like a winner.

But, the question you really have to ask yourself is...
...Does it come with a set of steak knives??? J/K

As for the test results... anything can be rigged. Unless I am driving the other three sleds, I am skeptical(sp).

This coming from a guy who drives a rev.

As for the Spyder, I think BRP missed the boat on that one.

I will take this video as summer entertainment. It will sit right beside the Yamaha DVD which could be a thread on its own (Nytro compared to a ten year old Polaris triple...) and viewed when I need a pick-me-up to get me through summer.

·
Registered
4,869 Posts
they should be careful sending out media like that. i'm not into publicly downplaying the competition it looks bad. what happens if the competition sends out a dvd with a different colour at the front?[/b]
true

IMO it made Polaris real good since its only a 700 in a heavier chassis

+ look how well the Poo did in the Mountain segment

That said it is just a show and not to be taken as gospel

1 - 19 of 19 Posts