Snowmobile World banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
555 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well guys, the new Ski-Doo applied the Blade/Redline/Arctic Cat concept of twin A-Arm suspensions to their newest creation, the REV. They made it even better with new approach angles. I checked out all of the details on that machine. VERY IMPRESSIVE! The seating position itself makes this machine more desireable.
Arctic Cat has done it's share of copying this year as well.
Has any of you noticed that the new FireCat that Arctic Cat put out looks almost exactly like the REV from 100 Yards?
The graphics color scheme that Cat used is red and yellow, and on the black model they look like "copy cats" copying each other.

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
Whatever...... If anything everyone is copying cat. Now that the pat has expired on the aws everyone will have it. I agree that they  are both nice looking sleds but cat is the leader and always will be.

·
Registered
3,522 Posts
I like the way the firecats look.Great job AC.The black and yellow looks the best,kinda has that ski-doo type look.LOL

sled head,Open up your mind.All sled brands have great products.Ride my 02 MXZ 700 and if you don't like it,you may have some issues.

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
Hey MXZ7 Look at my profile I have had them all. And I never said that Ski-Doo was no good. I personally like Cat right now and think that they have it going on. The problems with my SummitX 800 last year were never ending and turned me right off doo. Although the warranty guys were good my sled sat far 2 much and it looks like they are having a tough go of it this year also. When they get thair act together maybe I will look at ridding Doo but for now F7 all the way.

·
Registered
4,316 Posts
Easy big fella...what part of Saskatchewan are you from anyway?

·
Registered
4,316 Posts
East side...College Park

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
Technology is moving so fast!  What next?  Snocrafts?  Sleds that turn into watercrafts?  Well that's subtracting the water skippers out there (me included)!  HAHA!  Well racing in the next few years will be awesome!  later

Midnight Screamer

·
Registered
935 Posts
I would like all of you to examine this picture. You are so busy saying who copied who, but it is more like having a foot in other markets to carry technology over from one sector to another. There is no real innovation in sledding alone. Just better quality for the consumer to own.
By the way, this product won the Baja 1000 and 500 in its division. Baja 1000 in 1,2,3 finish (I beleive).
Go look at this and then the REV.

·
Registered
3,910 Posts
Everyone always copys doo.  Doo had A-arm front suspention before cat.  

Doo had Rave way before anyone and if nobody copied that then doo would still be by far the fastest.  

The also have that DPM system that has all the advantages of Fuel injection with the power of carbs.

They also have The only securaty system and have more the 4 keys.  Good one cat.  half my cat riding friends can share keys.  

Doo basicly invented a coupling suspention with ACM.

Doo started RER.  

Skidoo is the leader in technology period.  I do not see one thing that is a direct copy of any of the other manufactors.  

The only reason Cat and polaris are even competitive is because of direct copying of skidoo/rotax engine technology.  

You want to debate this, I dont, I dont need to its a fact.

And yes the Ds650 Baja has many simluaities and its probably the same batch of engineers that worked on the Rev.

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
I can argue those points man.... rotary valve good stuff eh??
who invented wishbone ?? I have never seen a production doo with it untill the cat patt expired...
slide rails??
doo only wishes that they had EFI.... its alot better than dpm thats why they are going to use orbital direct injection in the near future...
and who just purchased a race team this year??......not cat
roller secondary ....... doo wont use them because they??
What ever happened to the round slide carbs good stuff

Doo tries to be the leader but when thair stuff fails they just fall back in line behind cat and polaris...

·
Registered
19 Posts
Your correct on the production deal, but Doo but have a a-arms on hte 71 XR-4 speed sled...
 Long travel suspension? Although a flop and ahead of it's time, the 80 5500 MX had 10"!  Coupling? 1990 MX-X, 10" in the rear, fully coupled.
 Rotary Vale was the greatest motor every produced for a sled..if only you guys could see what Doo wa splaying with before the cylinder reed time, you'd be amazed..Don'tt hink their good? Kinda funny how a sled that 4 years old (99 HO) can still run with the current crop of 800's without breaking a sweat..
I don't see EFI as a better alternative than the adjustable carb setup.  Right now you are stuck with whatever Cat programs which will error to the right side of things, we can still alter our carb settings.  Orbital injection isn't coming out in response to EFI.  You'll see it due to beter fuel atomization than theother fuel delivery systems w2hcih in turn leads to better mileage and emissions.  But atleast your right on Orbital, not FICHT

I can't see Doo falling behind Poo Poo..Poo uses tried and true stuff, there is nothing IMO that sets the worlds on fire with innovation in their camp, they use what everyone else tries, if it's proven, it'll show up.  Cat and Doo are technological leaders here..each  isn't scared to take a chance on something.
 Quick question here though..if Doo was a follower behind Poo or Cat..who did Poo use as a template for building their stock racer? Give you a hint, wasn't Cat or Yami..
 All in fun bud..enjoy the final few days of winter in Sask!

·
Registered
468 Posts
FOR STARTERS STOP CRYING OVER WHO INVENTED WHAT AND WHEN JUST RIDE IT AND ENJOY THE BRAND YOU PREFER.I HAVE A 98 POLARIS XC700,99 MXZ 600,AND A 2000 XC 700SP,AND CAN CAN SAY AS FAR AS HANDLING AND DITCH BANGING ,TRAIL RIDING GO THAT MXZ DOESN'T COMPARE TO THE POLARIS 'S OF THE SAME YEAR BASICALLY CAN'T KEEP THE FRONT END ON THE  GROUND TRIED EVERY SET UP POSSBLE.I'VE BEEN RIDING FOR A LOT OF YEARS AND ASIDE FROM ENGINE PERFORMANCE SKI-DOO COULD NOT MAKE A SLED THAT HANDLED TO SAVE THERE BUTT,UP UNTIL A FEW YEARS AGO ,POLARIS MAY SEEM OUT  DATED BUT THERE CHASSIS IS THE REASON SKI-DOO AND CAT HAVE BEEN DEVOLPING THE ZX,REV AND AWS SKIDS,IN THE 80'S AND 90'S POLARIS HAD THE BEST CHASSIS HANDS DOWN,MAYBE THEY HAVE FELL BACK AND SAY IF IT WORKS DON'T CHANGE IT ,AND I FEEL POLARIS HAS,BUT THEY STILL MAKE A GREAT TRAIL DITDH BANGING SLED THAT WILL KEEP UP TO ANYTHING,AND I'LL PROVE IT BRING IT ON.AND I CAN ALSO SAY I LIKE ALL THE BRANDS I THINK THERE ALL GREAT,WHO CARES WHO IS FASTEST IN A STRAIGHT LINE LINE DOWN A SMOOTH SURFACE THAT DON'T MEAN CRAP

1 - 20 of 32 Posts