Snowmobile World banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today we went out and put on a few miles.
There was an 02 700 edge x with an 1.25 track and a mbrp trail can. There was an 02 800 edge x with 1.25 track, maybe some clutching, elec start and reverse. And then there was my james bond 600 which is clutched. Btw, my track is 1" and I only have 80 miles on it.
We lined em up a number of times running a 1/2 mile in a stubble field with snow

In what order did they finish on average? Any guesses?
Post the spread also

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Nobody wants to guess, so I will tell you anyways.

It all depended on who hooked up the best but we each won.
The 600 flippen flies. THe polaris guys could not flippen believe it.
Yesterday I beat the 800 2 out of 3 times. Today I beat the 700 and 800 but also lost to them. All of the races were sooo flippen close. It all depended on who hooked up the best. THey both had 1.25 tracks and I think that helped.
I am running a Cudney clutch kit, and let me tell you, it flippen works great.
Not once did I get the whole shot but I was able to pull on them in the towards the end of the mid range and a bit at the beginning of the top end.

I raced these guys thinking I would get wasted but I wanted to see how close it was. Well man were we all surprised.

These are just my experiences and the guys I was racing can back me up because they are shocked and impressed at how well the rev does.

People with 600 revs, get ready for a great winter cuz this sled hauls ###!

:D

·
Registered
354 Posts
That 600ho is one bad-arse flippin mill, for sure. That looks like my next sled. Should be a great Vt. mountain sled.

·
Registered
310 Posts
where the hell did my post go! anyways i said 800xc, 700xc, 600ho. those polaris 700's are FAST as hell.

·
Registered
530 Posts
Sweet, I can't wait to see a HO in action. My dad is picking his up from the dealer this weekend.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I know!
I was pretty pumped afterwards. Last year I rode an 02 800 renegade and that same 700 gave me all I could handle. I am not sure if the rider gained 300 lbs or if the 600 is just a real sweet motor.
I do know that I raced another 600 ho x that was not clutched and I beat him by 3 - 3.5 lengths in 500 ft.
Cudneys kit for this sled really works.
I know its hard to believe but these 600s will be in the hunt with just about any sled out there.

Btw . i am 6 ft 2 and we pounded hard today and i feel great. I have two bad knees and I have broke 2 vertabraes in the past and I think this sled rides great!

·
Registered
978 Posts
hey rev, does your 600 have the rer secondary? and if so does the cudney clutch kit include a cam for it or is it all in the primary?

·
Registered
978 Posts
I'm happy with my rev 800 so far, but can't quite gauge the performance in an eight yet, ran against a couple of buddy's on the weekend. The one guy we will call him Mr Clean, is allway's quick but traded his xc800 for a sks 700. And never ran one of those before, we were toe to toe on most runs, trading hole shots, and side by side on roll on's. the other buddy was Limskii's mach 1, and that sled never runs the same way twice so you can never be sure, with Limskii we traded hole shots but could slowly catch him threw the mid. And on roll on's would pull ahead a couple of lengths. Another buddy just got a f-7 but haven't had a chance to run him yet (chicken I think :) When I get a chance to run my little bro's 01 mxz 800 I should have a good idea were this sled stand's (stock) But he is allready talking about a clutch kit :cussing:

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yes my rev has the rer secondary.
Cudneys kit includes a primary and secondary springs, teflon coated helix and thundershift arms.
I was just at a family function and my brother was there, he was the one with the 800, he just kept shaking his head saying "fu.. that thing goes for a 600!!"

Like I said, I am coming off a 800 from last year and was concerned about the performance.....I AM NOT ANYMORE.
:thumbsup:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts