Snowmobile World banner

Reverse beeper disable

4K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  WPOND 
#1 ·
Hello, I'm new to the whole snowmobile thing and just bought my first sled, an RS Vector (2012). I'm wondering what would be the easiest way to get rid of that annoying reverse beeper. I realize it's a "safety" thing but I don't have one on my ATV or any other vehicle for that matter and quite honestly, I know enough to turn around and look behind me before I back up the sled! Any suggestions or ideas would be appreciated. Thank you in advance.

#2 ·
The beep is to remind you you're in reverse. I've seen more than a couple of guys that started to back up with no audible signal, stopped, got to yacking, then hit the gas, expecting to go forward and tossed themselves right over the handlebars. It's funny 'til someone breaks something ;)

#3 ·
Thanks BCDan, you actually helped me to see it from another angle. Never thought about that! I may be able to find the speaker and just put a piece of electrical tape over it just to tone it down a bit. You're right though, would not want to accidentally leave the lever in reverse and hit the throttle! Thanks again for the insight.

#4 ·
My AC 2-up has the beeper (I like that!), my two IQ Polaris sleds have a tiny blinking indicator light on the dash. If there's powder on the dash, I don't see the light. I actually would prefer something audible warning me. I think the electrical tape is a good option, tone it down, but still be warned!

#5 ·
Disable beeper

My Yamaha has one by the right front footwell. I think I took the right side cowling off and reached in and removed the electrical connector.
Congratulations, you're getting answers to your question. This forum isn't really worthwhile. I had a simple question to which over 250 people read and no one bothered to answer. So much for helping each other out.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.