Snowmobile World banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On my 99 500 xc i have reverse and my friends dad has a 1996 ultra sks 700 and he wants to buy my reverse off me. will it fit on his sled?
thanks ???

·
Registered
310 Posts
All Im gonna say is that West-Port is ####ing dumb.

·
Registered
364 Posts
I have to agree with you on that sledcrazy!! They think there stuff don't stink. To bad daddy set them up.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Hey - be nice. You got gears, different flywheel, and I don't know what else. Different motors, different years. I would say your chances are very very very slim. Probably best if he just buys a kit for his. Reverse is nice, just keep it.

·
Registered
310 Posts
mustardman, do you go in there often?? I brought my sled in there about a month ago for the LAST time. They dropped my friend justins (hbomb on this sight) sled from the forklift. The least I can say is that he wasnt extremely happy about it. My favorite dealer is down in Portsmouth, NH, they are Profile RV. awesome place down there, but its an hour away.

·
Coming 2 a Trail near You
2,267 Posts
keep the reverse... you'll miss it. Anyone i know who ever thought they didnt need it and took it out for weight loss.. put it back in very soon

·
Registered
918 Posts
But you know the special wave he always gets when we hear that beeping :)
Ryan

·
Registered
76 Posts
Originally posted by idooski@Oct 2 2002, 01:07 PM
I don't have reverse, but I wish I did.

I keep getting this beep-beep noise coming from my buddies sled, then this wierd grin from him. I think he's rubbing it in.
Hey, Thats not it... My dad had that problem and we went back to the dealer, and her just had to adjust the arm so that it would snap into place and stay there... Its a nut on the side. And he should fix it or set it looked at cause from what i heard it wasn't good for the maching.

·
Registered
3,328 Posts
Keep the reverse.

but I disconnect the beep beep alarm. I hate that. I can back my car up without an alarm, I think I can handle it in my sled. Besides, its too damn loud in my garage.

FishHog

·
Registered
310 Posts
There isnt any beeping w/ hbombs sled. He wanted to trade his reverse for a can, when i had his sled 2 years ago, reverse was nice, but I can live w/o out. Id rather get a can or reeds, or a pipe in place of it.

·
Registered
387 Posts
disconnecting the BEEP is a mistake.

there is no way to know the sled is in reverse without it (yeah you can look at the lever but you won't do that either) ... I have seen many people think they were in forward, then hit the gas and back they go, I know older poos do not have the beep...

...you probably disconnect the seat belt warning in your car too right?

bottom line its your sled and do what makes you feel good, but I think it is a mistake, especially for the person you reverse into or over...

as always JMO

·
Registered
3,328 Posts
My sled has a light on the dash that shows I'm in reverse.

I don't think its any different than my car, and I don't have an alarm on it either.

·
Registered
310 Posts
If you cant see that your in reverse then theres some problems. Like fishhog said there is a light on ur console, and a lever will be sticking out.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts