Snowmobile World banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Seems odd to me that nowhere in the REV user manual does it talk about greasing the sled?

In my Viper manual there is a nice pic with all the zerks labeled. Can't find any mention of grease points in the REV manual.

Wow a sled that doesn't need any greasing?

What will ski doo think of next?

What do you know? ???

·
Registered
388 Posts
VER2, you and I must think alike, other than my '02 viper isn't the er model. Picked up the 600 HO REV the week last week. I'm planning on spending most of the time this winter on my vipe and having my wife or one of my sons "ride the REV". I did pick up the 2-up seat so that my daughter can ride along when she wants to ( :withstupid: ); however, my REV is the 007 model and the seat is yellow and black :cussing: think I'll try to get it recovered. Did'nt see anything about grease though what do you think?

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
must not have to grease'em ??

the viper has a battery that needs service too, the REV has a sealed battery??

i'm sure someone will chime in and let us know if the REV is really that revolutionary as to not need grease!

BTW - I had to kept my viper too, I just couldn't part with the smoothness of the viper triple, the 800 REV is a real chugger... :p

·
Registered
229 Posts
Hate to burst your bubble, but the REV has grease zerks. Drive axle and the rear suspension. Nothing in the front suspension though.

·
Registered
624 Posts
No Grease Zerks? :doh: I hate to hear that! :angry: I'm one that likes to get my $$ worth.

I drive a 1996 Ford F-150 with 142,500 miles on it, and it's MINE! :D However, nearly every factory sealed part of the running/rolling gear has been replaced, and YUP now has a ZERK in it!

If it moves, carries weight, or power it NEEDS grease to last, and sealed bearings aint gonna last. :angry:

·
Registered
388 Posts
You guys notice how many different sites we all visit?? :sarcasm: :0: :blahblah: SWRules

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
well... i kinda of figured there were some...

but how many and where are they?

did or does doo provide data? seems like a pretty large point to overlook??

lets hear it :)

thanks!

·
Registered
229 Posts
Doo goofed, they don't show you the grease points in the owner's manual. I think there are two on the front arm and three on the rear arm(rear suspension). Also, there's one on the drive axle bearing housing(PM generator for the speedo). Hope this helps.

·
Registered
5 Posts
front arm of rear suspension has one, mabey two plus there are four other fittings on rear suspension, quite visable, except the one under top mount of rear shock. just look at everything that moves or pivots in suspension. also one on shaft behind tool carrier, remove clutch guard to see. in front, under hood, look down where steering pivots there are two grease fittings. they aer hard to see and even harder to grease. hope this helps. ps the one behind tool carrier is on the lower shaft, the shaft that drives the track.

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
thanks 600

gonna try to find them all tomorrow-

if I ever have a problem i don't want the dealer saying "you never greased it properly..." you know the drill.

if I get time I will document the points and post the pics!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts