Snowmobile World banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a 2002 mxzx 700 with about 400 mi. on suspenion, I am curious as to the ride. My last ride was a 99 mxz 670HO, The 2002 seems a lot different just sitting on it a little to get used to I guess? What is good about th 02mxzx? Thanks Rob

·
Registered
2,083 Posts
where do I start; the only thing they have in common is that they are both ski-doo's!

You set a little more upright and forward on the 02, and it will absolutlely swallow up all the bumps.

·
Registered
664 Posts
:withstupid: you'll like the 02 way better especially in the stutter bumps

·
Registered
221 Posts
Another thing to watch out for will be the difference in steering with the presicion skis! The way they handle will AMAZE you! I have the '02 800X and you will be very happy with whats under you.

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
I too went from a mxz670 to the zx platform.They are night and day.It takes about half a day of riding to get used to the zx,but man a way better ride and handling.Way less ski lift as well.

·
Registered
259 Posts
The HO is a rotary valve motor. These engines are great for power but they are horrible if you want a machine that handles. The rotary valve engines can not be placed as low in the chassis as the reed motors. This is why ski-doo made the swap. The 02 is a reed motor in the updated chassis and it handles much better. My buddies HO handles like a pig, my other buddies 01 700 handles much better.

·
Registered
3,522 Posts
Just wait until your first ride. The SC 10 III is awsome. It probably is the best part of the sled. I was amazed at how good the skid was,even coming off of a 00 MXZ w/ SC 10 II. Add in the skis, torqey 700,great looks,it is the perfect sled. ;)

·
Registered
211 Posts
I had a 670, and now I have a MXZx440 and a 2002 MXZ700 Adreneline. Man what a great suspension on the 700. You cannot possibly imagine how improved the SC-10 III rear skid is. There is just no comparison. Stutter bumps?...What stutter bumps! We were riding just outside Bessemer, MI, on trail 2 (railroad grade which usually is nothing but 1-2' whoops), with my 700, a new Viper, and a new ZR600. The 700 could rip across the whoops at 90+ mph like they were not even there. In fact, my buddy switched from his Viper to the MXZ and couldn't believe how good the suspension was. His comment to me was, "looks like I bought the wrong sled." Plus, the precision skis are awesome! Just wait, you will be all smiles, from ear to ear!

·
Registered
3,183 Posts
Ah, the bumpy Bessemer trails. Aren't those incredible? Amazing how bad they are. And you head a few miles west and you know exactly when you cross the state line into WI because the trail smooths out into a virtual highway.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for all the info. I can't wait for the snow! Hey can anyone tell me where I might find snow soon. Just kidding.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts