Snowmobile World banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there any one out there who just rides for fun and not for speed? I went out last weekend with the family. We rode about 50 miles and had a roast. There was about 20 sleds out there. It Was great to ride, from 800's down to 250's with out wondering who was the fastest. Anyone with similar experiences, I'm sure there's more of us on this site.

·
Registered
61 Posts
hey stinger we spend more time boondocking and going between 15 and 40 mph. Now getting to or coming back from our sites can be at mach speeds.

·
Registered
11,658 Posts
670ho,
 broke is the word, or could it be many are hiding something and hoping the fastest sled will overcome the our downfall somewhere else ? i will always have the fondest memories of riding with my son, when i go riding without my son it seems like something is missing. we ride all day at our speed and not at someone elses speed that has to go about 4 million miles per hour and then stop every mile and a half. i notice the ninja groups that i pass on the trail having a break then soon after the ninjas pass us then we pass them stopped 5 minutes later and so on all the while we have never stopped.

stinger,
 what a great time taking along a bunch of wienies on a sunday afternoon for a stop with a group of slow pokes. talking about the ride is the most fun.

·
Registered
416 Posts
All riding is fun, it don't matter if I'm doing 20 or 100 mph. This season sitting on it in the garage has become fun.  

·
Registered
918 Posts
My sledding buddy, Brett and I dont really drive that fast at all when we ride. We just cruise til we get to a field and then let her rip. Its so funny to have people who know ride with us and say "man, I thought you guys would ride 80 mph everywhere and you ride slow," since all we do is talk sleds and play with them to make them a little faster. Thats just how we do it and we have a lot of fun! You never know who is cutting the inside of the next corner you come around.
        Ryan

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
I have fun everytime I get on my sled.  No matter where, when or how fast.  Sledding to me is more than overpowering everyone else!  I love to go out on a trail doing about 40 and enjoy the beauty that mother nature has to offer us!  To me that's what snowmobiling is all about!

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
oh..1 thing.  Paul~  I LOVE that title "Veteran Babe Magnet!"  I knew you'd come out with something catchy like that!

·
Registered
1,736 Posts
I'm not a speed junkie at all.  The ole John Deere tops out at pretty much at 40 mph.   The Yamaha that I rented on my trip was capable of twice that the way that it was set up.  I found myself getting a tad uncomfortable when I tried running it at 50 mph on an open stretch with nobody else around.  I'm out there to enjoy the scenery anyway, and the snowmobile is my means of getting there.  

·
Registered
167 Posts
i ride slow medium and fast depending on conditions and location but mostly just getting to look at it this year no winter except for about 2 weekends now all mud is there a good mud setup?LOL

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
corvette77~  Here's the setup you asked for>>> 4X4!!  Sound good?  Although I didn't say get rid of your sled

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
corvette77~ Yeah, sleds are much funner than everything!   The power and quickness dominates all other fun pastimes.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts