Snowmobile World banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who's riden both of these chasis'? I'm strongly thinking of parting with my 'ol 809 and going to a newer style, I love the '06 & '07 Machs, but I want to be able to ride aggrerssively on the trail as well as leave a cloud of snow when I hit the lake....there's some good deals on non current Machs out there.... should I get one or go with the Rev PTEK?....

·
Registered
2,782 Posts
Denis,

I have ridden both models and I have to admit that the Rev P-Tk has better skid tuning and the all around trail is better. The Mach allows you to sit back cause it's a little longer. The mono block 1 litre has had it's share of issues with calibration and E-RAVE. Given the choice and versatility I would go with the Rev P-Tek. just my $0.02.

·
Registered
795 Posts
I think the REV is a better trail sled then the RT chassis but I think you will find that the RT chassis is a better trail sled then the CK3 chassis. :D

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks ROTAX800, that was my next question :D

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
Although they are not for everybody, many do love them once they spend enough time on them.

I rode my sons sled about 4 times at 30 minutes each time before I fell in love with it.

Mostly taller riders, over 6 feet or more have the most difficulty adjusting to it.

You do have to ride them differently compared to other chassis.

More weight over the bars, leaning forward and out as opposed to just leaning out does it.

Good luck with whatever you decide.

Jeff

1 - 7 of 7 Posts