Snowmobile World banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We spent four days riding out in the Big Horns last week and have a great time. Finally got around to put some pictures up. Sled is running absolutely amazing and I really like the Diamond S hood with there built in air intake that goes into the stock airbox. Took a little bit of adjustment with the boondocker but got that figured out now. Just need a Boss seat and either some Ti springs or Floats and then put it on a scale and see were i'm at. Had a little bit of an issue with one sled he managed to find 2 seperate rocks braking his chaincase, aarm, and bending the frame which led to a broken engine mount, cracked recoil, some exhaust mount damage, cracked and tore bellypan.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Rest of the pictures.

Attachments

·
Registered
50 Posts
Looks like you got stuck more then anything.
How can it be fun to dig out all the time?
Sleds are nice and cool pics.

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The only time we usually stop to take pictures is when we are stuck. Plus if were stuck that means we rode through snow deep enough to get stuck in first. After awhile you get pretty good at getting unstuck, we carry several snowbunjie rattlers and cobras which helps alot along with the shovel and the saw comes out occasionallly to when the situation gets a little tight. I guess you have to do it to appreciate it after riding the mtns riding around home has just lost its appeal.

·
Registered
445 Posts
Ya lucky bastage!!!!

I haven't been out to the Big Horns in a couple of years...sure miss riding out there...I used to go out there all the time in the late 90's....

Sucks that I recognize some of the areas your in....

·
Registered
435 Posts
Looks like a good time was had by all.........snows gettin good now.
If ya don't get any stuck pics all you get is parkin lot and lunch pics.....

·
Registered
120 Posts
Those pictures look awesome I would love to get into some mountain riding. I bought a brand new crossfire for boondocking and powder riding. I am from Chicago, where would the closest decent mountain riding be to me?

·
Registered
338 Posts
That is what I am talkin' about... that is why we like the Big Horns..we went up on the 3rd of March the riding looked to be spectacular...but 10 minutes and 1 mile off the truck TRAGEDY.. my hubby hit a jump wrong and broke his back.. sled season was over for us.. he is healing now.

However Granite Pass is now our "Broke Back Mountian" :lmao: :lookaround:

and you can never get tired of Diggin' Out..that just means your having fun.

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Those pictures look awesome I would love to get into some mountain riding. I bought a brand new crossfire for boondocking and powder riding. I am from Chicago, where would the closest decent mountain riding be to me?[/b]
I'm going to guess that The Big Horns is going to be the closest to you as they are about as far east in th Rockies as you can get unless your closer to Colorado but I think that would be a tossup on distance. If your looking for the Big Horns on a map its just North and West of Sheridan, WY. Otherwise you might consider flying in and renting I know there are some good packages were you can fly into Bozeman, MT they transfer you to West Yellowstone and then get a package deal on rental and hotel.

That is what I am talkin' about... that is why we like the Big Horns..we went up on the 3rd of March the riding looked to be spectacular...but 10 minutes and 1 mile off the truck TRAGEDY.. my hubby hit a jump wrong and broke his back.. sled season was over for us.. he is healing now.

However Granite Pass is now our "Broke Back Mountian" :lmao: :lookaround:

and you can never get tired of Diggin' Out..that just means your having fun.[/b]
Sorry to hear that hope he is doing btter and is ready to go by next season. I take it you had unloaded at Granite Pass Parking lot what direction had you gone when he hit the jump just kinda curious. OT but have you ever gone over granite pass and kept going. I've heard some rumors the riding back in that area is really good but haven't gotten a chance to check out whats back there.

·
Registered
338 Posts
I'm going to guess that The Big Horns is going to be the closest to you as they are about as far east in th Rockies as you can get unless your closer to Colorado but I think that would be a tossup on distance. If your looking for the Big Horns on a map its just North and West of Sheridan, WY. Otherwise you might consider flying in and renting I know there are some good packages were you can fly into Bozeman, MT they transfer you to West Yellowstone and then get a package deal on rental and hotel.
Sorry to hear that hope he is doing btter and is ready to go by next season. I take it you had unloaded at Granite Pass Parking lot what direction had you gone when he hit the jump just kinda curious. OT but have you ever gone over granite pass and kept going. I've heard some rumors the riding back in that area is really good but haven't gotten a chance to check out whats back there.[/b]
Yep we unloaded at Granite and headed West..it wasn't really a jump it was more of a hill with a slight cornice, not more than a mile from the pass.. We usually unload at Granite and ride back in.. never gone over to ride.. looks like some good riding though..

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Lol thats what everyone says is that lit looks good but no one has gone. I got the tip from a guy from Sheridan we rode with last year. Guess I'll have to make a point to try it out.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts