Snowmobile World banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you ride in the Eastern U.P. and stop in Raco for fuel and food, the owners have decided to close the station. I've stopped there for gas and grub numerous times. I for one hope they reconsider.

·
Registered
3,413 Posts
If you ride in the Eastern U.P. and stop in Raco for fuel and food, the owners have decided to close the station. I've stopped there for gas and grub numerous times. I for one hope they reconsider.[/b]
I don't generally get that far east but whenever I've been there its been real busy. Wonder what the reason is? :whatever:

·
Super Moderator
9,075 Posts
That is terrible news.......We stop at Raco all the time while we are in the strongs area and our play area's just to the east of strongs ( Raco) You are talking about the bed and breakfast/gas station/ convience type store right? On the railroad bed?

I certainly hope they reconsider as well. Nice older couple.

Snow4

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
Might have something to do with gas tanks(updating) I know I ended up getting water in my gas from that place and it was known for it if there's a thaw. But it does bite, that place was good for a top off and a snack . Also it was a good spot to drop n ride.
Really though they where hurting from lack of revenue. That place was only busy during hunting and sled season other than the locals . The room n board thing was nice but pricey , all rooms shared one bath though.

Look's like Pat's place (strongs motel)will be getting the traffic this year. Thats ok it's only 13 mi's ummm 8mins :p

BTW on this note . .SILVER CREEK(between hulburt & paradise on 123) is back open stopped there last year and met the new owner, they do have gas.

mutt

·
Super Moderator
9,075 Posts
So wheres the next closets gas Strongs? Brimley?[/b]
13 miles West Dave..........Pat's....Strong's tavern/motel.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
There were a number of factors. The Bed and Breakfast part of it will still be open.
Stayed there many times, you can't beat the breakfast.

·
Registered
6,295 Posts
If you ride in the Eastern U.P. and stop in Raco for fuel and food, the owners have decided to close the station. I've stopped there for gas and grub numerous times. I for one hope they reconsider.[/b]
I found good news! :thumbsup:
"There is a small store on Lakeshore Drive just past the old Iroquois Inn called Iroquios grocery. They have decided with Raco Lodge not having gas anymore that they are going to stay open late all winter and also that if you are out and about and know that you are going to need gas after hours just call and they will wait for you. They will be carrying premium and regular and also have plugs and oil."

·
Registered
71 Posts
They need more places like that in the UP where they will wait for you...goodluck huh....
Everything closes too early up there. We've had to wake the old man up in Pinestump once...we wouldve been screwed, but we paid him good. We were riding near lewiston and low on fuel, come to find out the gas pump which is always open was down....well...the bar kinda was selling gas in 5gal tanks pre mixed with drygas for only $15. Very cheap price considering the emergency anyone would gladly pay when your in a pickle. They just said keep it on the down low!

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
They just said keep it on the down low![/b]
Well it's a good thing that only you and I are reading this then.

Jeff

·
Super Moderator
9,075 Posts
Well it's a good thing that only you and I are reading this then.

Jeff[/b]
and me.....lol

·
Super Moderator
9,075 Posts
I found good news! :thumbsup:
"There is a small store on Lakeshore Drive just past the old Iroquois Inn called Iroquios grocery. They have decided with Raco Lodge not having gas anymore that they are going to stay open late all winter and also that if you are out and about and know that you are going to need gas after hours just call and they will wait for you. They will be carrying premium and regular and also have plugs and oil."[/b]
Thanks for the Great info Dave ! :thumbsup:

Snow4

·
Super Moderator
9,075 Posts
ttt for SHD... Here ya go Dave.

Snow4

1 - 20 of 21 Posts