Snowmobile World banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,083 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
From the RX-1 forum at Totally Yamaha:

I put on about 40 miles last night in about 2-3 inches of snow. I have to say that the sled is nothing short of phenominal! I love everything about this machine...the weight is not an issue as it actually feels lighter than my SRX did. The handling and ride is awesome (hit many field approaches at over 60mph - the best riding sled I have ever ridden!)

·
Registered
2,083 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Here's some more:

Posted: Sun Nov 10, 2002 10:28 pm Post subject: RX-1 Mountain 1st ride

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I had my RX-1M out today for the first time in 2-4' of powder......All the bashers will be back-peddling on their statements.....It went through the fluff with ease and had no problem doing 90mph.....I'm still breaking it in.....This is a Mountain, not a short track....the snow hasn't filled in enough to take on the steeps, but I'm sure I won't be disapointed. It may not be the highmarker, but it isn't going to be bringing up the rear in the deep either....( I remember about a thousand bashers saying that).....All the bashers will be in for a big surprise when they see one in person or get to ride one.....

Dantm13

Posted: Sun Nov 10, 2002 10:32 pm Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

One additionl note......I weigh 240lbs......I'm not some 150 pounder blowing through the powder...

link

Posted: Mon Nov 11, 2002 9:35 am Post subject:

Thats great news,I can't wait,where are you riding to be in 2-4' of snow you lucky #######.

DPCRXONE

Posted: Mon Nov 11, 2002 9:53 am Post subject:

Hey Dan can you send some snow my way. I envy you riding in 2 to 4 feet of powder. I am sure you will be the leader of the pack with you new mountain... Good Luck and keep us up to date...

RX-ONE

Posted: Mon Nov 11, 2002 10:04 am Post subject: Hey Dan!

Yeah man..I hear what your saying! I put 85 miles on my Rx-1 last weekend in the tughill area of n.y...Ah this thing rips.I could pull the skis at 60 on a straight away..I'm very impressed..The Rx-1 can and will live up to it's name..Great Job Yamaha!

·
Registered
384 Posts
hey mighty rx1,you might remember my post here a while back about the rx1 mountain that i seen at the local dealer..i had my doubts..well this weekend i had the op.to ride one,very impressive to say the least...the only thing i did not like was it was not as quick out of the hole as my new rmk.....both sleds !! were new less than 30 miles on each!!

·
Registered
2,083 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
todatop, I have been watching a post on american snow from mountain guys that are very, very pleased with their RX-1 mountains. Several have replied that it gets faster everytime they take them back out as the motor loosens up. One guy reported how a MM700 initially was giving him fits then around the 100 mile mark the RX-1 really woke up. Now he says the MM can't keep up and is left in the snow dust.

·
Registered
376 Posts
I drove a rx 1 tonite, about 5miles, and Wow, I am impressed. This thing is sweet. Will have the sled for a while so I will give more info on it when I get some more miles on it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts