Snowmobile World banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As most of you know, I have had my MXZ apart for quite a while, well I had it all back together today except for the secondary clutch had a little problem. The bolt wasnt long enough to hold the clutch on. I found one in my basement w/ all my tools that was the exact same thing, just a tad longer. So i got the clutch on (im still gonna have it checked to see if somethings wrong), and I went ripping around a field right near my house about an hour ago. MY GOD MY SLED KICKS MAJOR ###!!! HOLY ####!!! :) :D :p :0: :inlove: :nervous: !!! !!! . anyways, its snowing quite hard right now, were supposed to end up w/ 3 inches by the morning, but then its supposed to be in the 40's tomorrow so the snow will melt, and were supposed to get heavy rain all day. I just HAD to go for a quick blast 2nite. man did it rock!!!! I LOVE MY SLED NOW!!! OH MAN!!! !!! !!! !!! !!! .

·
Registered
8,771 Posts
Sledcrazy, go to the dealer & get the proper bolt for the secondary!!!! What did you change that the bolt wasn't long enough? Have you ever seen a clutch come off a sled? I have! Ski-doo had problems in the 80s when the TRA was intro'd. For about 3 years they had a different bolt.

My brother had an '86 Plus w/ no problems but one day we spoke to a chap who was riding one & he had his clutch come off when the bolt broke. Besides the mechanical damage, Ski-doo replaced his bellypan because the clutch went thru it.

Use of a lesser grade bolt to attach the clutch or secondary could lead to dire consequences. At 8 grand, do you think that aluminum belt guard will stop a errant clutch or secondary? I don't think so.

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well its not like i went 20 miles. I just went ripping up a field a few times. But i know what your saying it is dangerous. and it IS going into the dealer this week to get PROPERLY fixed. Since i put a new helix and spring in, it doesnt fit anymore. I know its right helix, cuz ive got 2 of em from goodwin.

·
Registered
4,316 Posts
I can't believe you didn't put the clutch on properly before you went "ripping up a field a few times". Lazyness like that gets people hurt...maybe even killed. Not a smart thing to do sledcrazy :angry:

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Im sorry guys! But I do have my 99 ZR 500 to go riding with. THEY WERE WRONG ABOUT THE SNOW FORECAST ITS NOT RAINING ANYMORE ITS GONNA BE SNOWING AND FREEZING RAIN ALL DAY!!!!!!!! 12" ONLY ABOUT AN HOUR FROM WHERE I LIVE!!!! I CANT WAIT!!! THIS IS SOOO AWESOME SNOW SNOW SNOW SNOW!!!

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Oh come on guys, Im not going riding w/ it anymore the way it is. I just had to go for a second. It is being fixed this week.

·
Registered
11,658 Posts
sled crazy,
the guys are right, it's that little quick dip in the pool before you get the pump properly wired that will fry you.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Your handle says it all. Glad you came through in one piece. By the way, where are they getting 12" tonight? Got 4" in Sw NH. 1st ride in the back yard today. :D :D

·
Registered
3,107 Posts
Glad to hear you're upbeat about your sled again...after talking the other day, I thought you might light a match to it.

·
Registered
364 Posts
AND YOU WONDER why your sled has been in the shop and has had problems. fix it right or don't fix it at all. Sorry to sound harsh, but one minute your sled crap and you wanna sell it and hate ski doo and the next it's the best sled :angry: .

I would be more than glad to give you a name and # where your sled will get serviced right and never have a problem again :) .

Dealers and fixed right, don;t go together. they cut corners say they d stuff when they don;t

PM me SC if you want to get your sled serviced and worked on by the right and honest person

1 - 11 of 11 Posts