Snowmobile World banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I must change the track on my Rx1 mountain and I want to reduce thread height. Im 1/2 to 2/3 of my time in groomed trails. The stock 2" at now 11 000km is felling apart pretty bad. Anyone has miles on the crossover track? How you find them? Is lugs also tearing apart? They seems pretty thin...

And for the ripsaw onwer...how are they in powder snow?

I just can't decide witch one to order. What would you do??

Martin

·
Registered
3,679 Posts
I'm one of the people that says a Ripsaw is junk. 3600 miles on mine and it's destroyed. Not a hope of getting a second winter out of it. I've never destroyed a track before, much less in a single season.

I'd recommend a Predator. Great on and off trail, and holds up good to abuse.

·
Super Moderator
9,075 Posts
I'd recommend a Predator. Great on and off trail, and holds up good to abuse.[/b]
I have a predator.....No problems to speak of at all. :thumbsup:

Snow4

·
Registered
795 Posts
You might want to think about a 1-1/4 Predator. Great on the trails & alot better then a ripsaw in the power. I don't know if you care for this but they work awesome on the water. This is another reason that NewfieBullet likes the predator. For some reason I think he likes water :thumbsup: & my watersled has one in it. :D

·
Registered
4,869 Posts
Newf it is not like you put those 3600miles in ideal conditions and most tracks would have had the same fate with the low snow last year

ABC I gather your track is a 151

why not trim the lugs down to 1.4inches if you buy a 2incher

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I also thought about that Freezerburnt. Some peoples on Totally yamaha did that and some still had lugs tear off. At almost 800$ a piece I want to be sure that I get something that will last. Im still confused about what to buy...I thought the ripsaw was great choice but seeing what other tell here it does no look that great on the long run...

I don't see nowhere on the net a 151" predator...where you get them?

Martin

·
Registered
3,413 Posts
My 1.25 ripsaw worked great as well. I had one of the first ones produced and put 2500 miles on her before selling it to Fastblack800cat here on the site without a mark on it. It was pushed real hard on and off trail :wink:

·
Registered
2,885 Posts
My only complaint about the Ripsaw is performance. I have had the 9818 Predator, and a Cat "SnoPro" 1.375 and both these tracks ran circles around the Ripsaw that came on my RX-1.

I have a friend who trail rides the Crossover and has had good success with two years of riding on it.

·
journeyman sled/motorhead
4,440 Posts
I love my ripsaw . ridden on marginal snow and have no signs of wear. performance was great on the trail. not sure why you did not like it dave.

·
Registered
2,885 Posts
Just IMO. After riding my MXZ which had the 1.25 Predator then taking the Ripsaw off and going to the Cat 1.375 Full Paddle they were night and day. The ripsaw works well, dont get me wrong. I just never saw it any better than that of a good 1" lugged track. That and I had allot of issues tearing the small nipples off.

I don't ride with studs either.

Me, I am running a 1.75x136 Doo Summit track on my Crossfire and love it. Wheelies on packed trails are so much fun!

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
humm so now i got a few good report on the ripsaw, and a few bad one. I also love riding powder and got some so-so opinion of it off trails.

Only good comment on the predator and found where to get a 151" one.

Crossover...well one good comment so far and no bad one...yet. The 1-1/2" of it just make me think she will tear lugs easyer than a 1-1/4" but I may be wrong.

Ill wait a few days if I can get more opinion on the crossover. But Im now tempted to go for the predator and eliminate the ripsaw from my choices.

Martin

·
Registered
2,885 Posts
The crossover is just not that popular due to it being new and people being afraid of going to that tall of a lug. I never thought I would be trail riding a 1.75 either, thought it would destroy itself, but seems to be just fine (and I think I only paid $275 for it new).

There is nothing wrong with trimming a track down either.

Remember, most of us are talking 121 to 136 sleds here too. A 151 even with a Ripsaw will have allot more flotation.

I just feel the Ripsaw never lived up to the hype. Now I see Camplast has a "Cobra" this year which is a 1.375 paddle, but the 151 length really limits your options under a 2" lug height.

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I went to the dealer yesterday and found out that the predator is discontinued even if they listed it in the catalog (motovan). So I finally order the Crossover. 870$ tax included (canadian). I hope its worth all those dollars... Dealer said I wont be able to extract lugs on a 1-1/2" track, that my Rx-1 has not enought power for that...Hummm not convince about that but ill see it when the snow will get by.

Martin

·
Registered
3,679 Posts
Discontinued? Is that just for the 151"? I hope so, as I still have to find a 136" track for this winter, and I had planned on a Predator. I didn't even have a second choice in mind.

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
go to trackusa.com and look for what you want there. they have much better pricing then any dealer would. as for the track id go 1 1/2. the crossover type tracks are really nice. i run 1 3/8 and 1 3/4 121 track and they are great. mcuh better traction on trail and powder. worth the extra 20 bucks.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts