Snowmobile World banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I took some time out of the summer stuff to finish up my risers and handgaurd set up . Everything turned out nice , who says you cant re-use a mobile windshield. After modding the mobile i managed to get a set of handgaurds out of it too.The only thing I need to do is the bar pad (making one).

The true test came when I fired it up , seams I have a throttle cable issue now . I re-routed the cable with as much slack as I could find for length. I have plenty of cable now but for some reason it's binding up and the sled will idile up when you turn it to the left . This is when the cable has the most slack . The cable is very sensetive , just wiggling it around will change the idle . I guess I need to play with it to find the happy spot for it , seams to be all in the splitter for the oil pump cable . As soon as that moves it pulls the carb cable just enough for the idle to come up . Looks like ill have the garage full of smoke today :whistling:
[attachment=37437:100_0606.jpg]
[attachment=37438:100_0608.jpg]

mutt

·
Registered
4,869 Posts
purrrtee :cool:

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
A powermadd throttle extension should fix your problem Rick!!![/b]
I dont think that's it dave , many have rasied the bar up to 6+" before any cables needed extensions. I have 4"ers and a 2 " rise in the bar, whats weird is it on the side where you have all the slack . I might have the cables themself twisted in the sheves from the re-route, I did twist and re- route things a halfa zillion times :undercover:

Everything is fine till you turn left and the splitter moves towards the clutch and bends the cable going to the carb rack . Im going to try re adjusting the cable at the rack ( let a little out ) it only climbs 2000 rpm. It might just be that nothing is zip-tied and its pulling the cable at the bend ether at the rack or in the splitter

Thanks for the tip though, I just might have to doo that :confused:

mutt

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well after some more re-routing I managed to get it to idle fine in both directions up till the last 2 inches of full left :cussing: . After a few choice words and a calming drink I thought I would get the tape out and check my riser ht , 4"riser& 2" bend in the bar is 6 right ? Well mine is 7 1/2" :confused:. I forgot about the bars being turned up which gives me the extra 1 1/2" . So now its a set of extensions ,and ill have plenty if I want to go higher later.

I did get something done , spiffed up the saddles :tongue:
[attachment=37492:100_0614.jpg]
mutt

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
WOW!!! Looks awesome Rick. Both the risers and the saddles.

Did you remove the saddles to polish them?

Jeff

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
WOW!!! Looks awesome Rick. Both the risers and the saddles.

Did you remove the saddles to polish them?

Jeff[/b]
Thanks Jeff, yes I did take the saddles off to polish them . Washed them with SOS soap pads and wet sanded them 1st w/ 800 then w/ 2500 grit then fired up the drill :D OH did some filing too on the top edges to smooth it out some.

rick

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
I dont think that's it dave , many have rasied the bar up to 6+" before any cables needed extensions. I have 4"ers and a 2 " rise in the bar, whats weird is it on the side where you have all the slack . I might have the cables themself twisted in the sheves from the re-route, I did twist and re- route things a halfa zillion times :undercover:

Everything is fine till you turn left and the splitter moves towards the clutch and bends the cable going to the carb rack . Im going to try re adjusting the cable at the rack ( let a little out ) it only climbs 2000 rpm. It might just be that nothing is zip-tied and its pulling the cable at the bend ether at the rack or in the splitter

Thanks for the tip though, I just might have to doo that :confused:

mutt[/b]
personally i always put an extension on the throttle (expend on the pro x's because they had like an extra 8 inches with a 4 inch rise already) but it just prevent the cable from getting stuck on thing and making you sled fly away when you turn. it lokks great i might add though

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I guess I could say ..finished agian part 2 :slick: . After I had it done and trying to get the thottle cable routed I came to a decision to do somthing differant with the handgaurds. I was not to happy on how I had them mounted . SO... this brought on another little delema, my bars did not have enough room for all the goodies and handgurd mounts. In fact my brake assy was on the bend as it was. After doing some shopping I found aset of bars that where longer for all the controls(watch this if your buying bars!!.

Now that its done here are some specs of the project .
*4" idooski's risers by KD-Xtreme
*MSR bars that fit a YZ dirt bike w/ 2 1/2 " rise
*powermadd handguards and mounts.
*one modded moble windshield.
** steering post in back position.
I went from the factory bars 3 1/2 rise 29" wide to almost 7 1/2" rise with 32 1/2" total width, that should get some leverage :wink: . On the bars you need to watch that you have atleast 10" from the end to the bend for all the controls. For my set up I had to use longer bolts for the handgaurds to get it out to the end of the bars, I use a pc of 1/4" threaded rod . I also had to give it a slight bend to make it level with the bars since the mounts ended up right at the start of the bend in the bar and had it tweaked up on the ends.
I did not have to use cable extensions neather , my problem was not enough slack in the cable itself. The fix was to re-adjust it at the carb rack.
To top it all off she still fits under the factory doo intense cover for a overnight blanky :tongue:
There is still a few tweaks left, grab strap, camera mount, and thinking of differant pad cover.
[attachment=38026:100_0697.jpg]
[attachment=38027:100_0701.jpg]
[attachment=38028:100_0704.jpg]
OH ..did a little screen work too, yellow to white fade.
[attachment=38029:100_0695.jpg]

mutt

·
Super Moderator
9,075 Posts
This yellow to white fade looks really good in person, It's got me thinking hard about mine except I wouldn't go with yellow but I'm thinkin..........

Snow4

·
Super Moderator
9,075 Posts
Looks great Rick!!! Cant wait to see it!!
Once you get the new stickers on, it will be time for snow4's sled. I bet she cant wait!!!!!![/b]
ya think? :lookaround:

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
ya think? :lookaround:[/b]
Now come on ... you know I doo you just as good as you doo me :whistling: .

Thanks brian , now it's trying to figure out what im putting back on :confused: . I liked the bee ,but it needed some rework . I have been thinking though, been playing in photoshop :wink:

Snow4's risers probly be on before my graphics :tongue: Really I think where just waiting for keith to get some done and figure out a windshied for her.

rick

·
Super Moderator
9,075 Posts
Now come on ... you know I doo you just as good as you doo me :whistling: .
Thanks brian , now it's trying to figure out what im putting back on :confused: . I liked the bee ,but it needed some rework . I have been thinking though, been playing in photoshop :wink:

Snow4's risers probly be on before my graphics :tongue: Really I think where just waiting for keith to get some done and figure out a windshied for her.

rick[/b]
Uh.......Don't forget my can. :whistling:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts