Snowmobile World banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was thinking about getting one for my 2001 mxz800,how much of an increase in power should i expect, do i half to re-clutch, jetting? where do I get one and how much are they?

·
Registered
310 Posts
hispd, the heads are around 260 bucks for your mxz 800.  you should expect good hp gains, what ive heard from people that have them on 800's, the sled is noticeably faster they said.  i would expect you might have to re-jet a little, but it should come instructions if you need to, and re-clutching is most likely too.  but the heads do come with instructions.

·
Registered
0 Posts
hispd - I see that you have a Mach. RK Tech now offers a
head for the Rotax triples. Check out an earlier post by
me and you can see the difference in the combustion chambers
between the stock, U.B. and RK Tech. There are also some
pictures of the finished product which look very impressive.
Kelsey is also talking about offering custom covers for
these heads as well.

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
yes they work good,you will have to jet down i went down 6 sizes,many are down 8 but i ride in very cold temps,you will also have to add a gram or two to your clutch

www.2strokeheads.com

·
Registered
310 Posts
go DOWN 8 sizes?  so if i have a 500 main jet right now, im gonna want to go to a 420 main right?

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
you would start at 450's then work your way down,depends on elevation and temps,but many are running 420's ,i only went to 440's because i do ride at -35c.i know its sounds unreal but its true,if you order a head kelsey will aim you in the right direction,its a very good mod worth the money

·
Registered
310 Posts
I called some place to see if i could order one, but i havent ordered it yet. they said you dont have to jet for it, but i think im going to, i thought that you always should when you get an engine mod.  thnx for the help on jet sizes panteraone.

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
sledcrazy do you have a 01 mx800?i thought you had a 600,i can only speak for the 01 800,i have no idea about the jetting on a 600,where did you call was it kelsey you were talking to?

·
Registered
310 Posts
panteraone, i do have a mxz600, but the jets are the same that are in 800, but you are right, maybe jetting down will be a little diff.  i called tri-sports in pennsylvania bcuz ive got a friend that works there that can get me a discount on the rk tek head.

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
if i were you id call kelsey ,he makes the head ,he will know what has to be done for your 600,but you will have to jet down i just dont know how much

·
Registered
310 Posts
do you  have a number for this kelsey guy?

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
i pm'ed you

·
Registered
100 Posts
Kelsey at RkTech makes some of the finest heads in the business because he makes them for YOUR sled, not just some mass produced "performance" head ...He makes them to your sled's specs.

You will need a deck height measurement from your sled. This means taking the head off. If need be Kelsey will walk you through the procedure.  

You will need to be prepared to give him your altitude that you ride at, octane preference or what's available where you're at, and any mods that are to the engine.

The skidoo head design is poor at best. Kelsey's is more efficient and you can and will need to jet down to make the head work.  He takes great care to make sure the head cools better than stock also.

It is a work of art and worth every penny.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts