Snowmobile World banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
756 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Rode it for 20 miles today in varing conditions. wide smooth groomed trail & tight bumpy twisties. Different but not all that appealing to me. You cannot sit back and relax at all. You naturally slide to the front of the seat & you rest your knees on the cowling, pads there would be nice. The skid does not work any better than the current sc10III its just that you are closer to the pivot point of the sled. It felt twichy in the steering to me also, sort of like driving a cabover sports car. Just my opinion.
:!!:

·
Registered
3,910 Posts
Im 6.5 feet tall and when i sat on the rev my legs didnt hit the cowl.  They were far from it.  

Sitting in that position is like sitting on a ATV and i do long trips on atvs.  Its safer for the back and you cant slouch.  

Sooner or later i will drive it and find out for my self.

·
Registered
756 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
hey machzzzz1 read the post as you ride it you are forced to slide forward to the cowling.

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
I know a dealer  buddy who has riden a REV and his  first coment was " Your going to need knee pads"

·
journeyman sled/motorhead
4,440 Posts
why worry about it the ck3 mach z is going to out handle it.

·
Registered
3,910 Posts
Dooman we are compairing the ZX and The REV.  Dont bring in the CK3 its not fair to both of them.  

But dooman brings up a point.  I think the new MXZ shoud be in the CK3

·
journeyman sled/motorhead
4,440 Posts
I thought you would like that  
. I have not had the chance to sit on an REV but my take is it will be a great sled to go and ride hard for short distances and it will be more comfortable for this style of riding because it puts you in the position,that you have to work to get ,on the current design.which make me think this sled is not dual purpose trail cruiser/racer, just a racer.which is where doo screwed us that don't want to ride a racer type sled all the time,they offered nothing new for us NOTHING.

·
Registered
360 Posts
If you look in the Rev accesories there`s somethig called knee deflectors not sure what they doo? But maybe for that reason of knees resting on cowling

·
Registered
360 Posts
This also looks like must have for the Rev,the new seat

·
Registered
530 Posts
Hmmm, interesting.  Thanks for the info.  I can't wait to sit on one.

·
Registered
64 Posts
I think it will be great for long rides in my opinon.. why? because your in a postion to take the bumps head on without having to move much and you can stand or use your legs alot easier to preload or shift wieght also the back skid reminds of a motox bike..loose..  and when you get off this sled from along ride you will not be as tired...but then again im used to riding many miles on rough trails and off trail so i hate it when the groomer comes out

·
Registered
11,658 Posts
i'm sure the sled is not for everyone, hopefully me. i have always remembered a friend that was a second generation motorcycle racer ask how i could ride a sled because you layed on it said not in it, this was 30 years ago so i am anxious to own one.

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
Paul~  Are you for sure getting one?  I hope my dealer gets one in soon so I can take it for a run.  I think it would be an awesome sled for me!  

·
Registered
356 Posts
Crazy B those are "air deflectors" on the stock models they are clear plastic , that is why they don't show up in the pictures.  On the rev, the front cowling turns with the handlebars (like the early phazers and exciters from yamaha) but air can come underneath the cowl and make your knees mighty cold! The ski doo engineers developed these deflectors in a wind tunnel to direct the air up and out away from your knees.  I see from your post, they now come in colors.  

·
Registered
756 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I have been riding for over 30 years, I live in snow country not just a weekend rider. I was just giving an unbiased opinion, as I like skidoo very much but don't have blinders on!!! Every one is intitled to their opinion but DON"T tell me mine is wrong.

·
Registered
11,658 Posts
i think from now on i am going to just read posts that i like, if i am starting to dislike one while i am reading it i will quit reading it right there. this is supposed to be fun.  

for me reading the rev test by mxz 900 was good even if he did not think the way i want him to, this guy does deserve respect especially if you see the inside of his shop and what he has done in there.

·
Registered
4,316 Posts
mxz900...dfi800...I edited both your posts. Use your heads boys..come on now

·
Registered
4,316 Posts
hehe...Mighty P-Diddy (formerly known as Prince)or whoever you are
Don't you worry...my 670 can take care of itself!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts