Snowmobile World banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wondering if anyone is using the ski-doo roller secondary {part# 417125800} in the parts & accessories catalog.If so do you have to change the helix or order it specific to your machine [600 MXZ].Hows it work and what are the advantages you have noticed??

·
Registered
400 Posts
I'm running one on my 01 800 now with heel clickers.

You just take the helix and spring out of your current
secondary. Then take the secondary 1/2 with the
buttons in it and replace it with the roller. Put back
in your helix and spring and you are ready to go.

I'm not sure I like it hammering down a stretch of
moguls. If you let off the gas - it back shifts so fast -
its like putting on the brake.

Otherwise, I like it on nice trails. Response is instant
due to backshift.

·
Registered
264 Posts
I tried the Goodwin roller for two seasons and noticed no difference at all except the cost of rollers compared to buttons. Im still not sure how it backshifts any faster because you still set the preload the same. 20 pounds whether it is rolling on rollers or twenty pounds sliding on shoes I dont see the diiference. Anything that would aid in keepeng the helix true and not cocking would help if your helix was binding but most of these roller secondaries for doos offer no more bearing surface.

Just my two cents.

Rob

·
Registered
49 Posts
Agreed- roller half on older doo secondary is a waste. IMO. More bearing surface spead farther apart is where it's at. As far as preload- in theory you ought to be able to back it down a bit with a roller, assuming same angle. Got a Cat ER on my Summit- I love it. Back shift is great. A world of difference from the stock ski-doo. Gonna go bearcat on the FIII.

·
Registered
852 Posts
I run the rollers on a 440 and 700, I dont think they make much difference on the 700 but on the 440 I`m willing to bet that helps a little more only because of the motors real narrow powerband. I would not spend the money for a roller personally for anything over a 500cc sled.

·
journeyman sled/motorhead
4,440 Posts
from what I have seen the roller secondary helps the sleds that have high rpm motors.

·
Registered
129 Posts
A ski-doo tech rep I spoke with at Haydays said the roller half is still the best for top performance.  He ranked roller as #1. The RER as #2 and the old standard secondary as #3 for efficiency.

·
Registered
100 Posts
I BOUGHT ONE FOR MY MXZX800.DIDN'T NOTICE A WHOLE LOT OF DIFFERENCE EXCEPT I COULD LOOSEN UP SECONDARY(13lbs)SAVE YOURSELF $350 cdn AND SPEND IT ON THE WIFE OR GIRLFRIEND. ON SECOND THOUGHT.............................

1 - 9 of 9 Posts