Snowmobile World banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, Can someone answer this?

If you install a roller clutch, should you increase or decrease or keep your belt squeeze the same as stock?
With the factory button clutch, I was getting 19.5 pounds at the setting B-6. Now with the roller, B-6 is getting me 16 pounds.
Sled requires 18 pounds, so the book says.

What do you all think?

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I guess nobody knows the answer!

Gotta love when you post a question and 50 or so people look at it and no one replies. :cussing:

Makes me wonder what is the point of have a message forum !!!

·
Registered
3,910 Posts
If you want 50 or so people to post on somthing they dont know the answer too, please state that in your post and everyone can chip in with some BS.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I am not saying that I want BS.
But it might be nice if once in a while if someone can reply" Sorry, I cant help you. Or, Sorry I dont have an answer for that one!"

It will assure that your posts are not being ingored, thats all! I am not trying to knock anyone down or knock this forum becuse I think its great. But I have noticed that alot of posts go unanswered.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Folgers, whats your problem!

I dont see you giving any useful information. Other than the fact that you like to try and cause trouble!

Come on man, relax a little! Just trying to make sure people get their questions answered. There are alot of people out there that are new to the sport or just trying to learn more about their ride, so they come here to SW and ask questions. I have noticed that some easy questions get looked at by 50 or 60 people before someone will answer it, if it even gets answered.

Just lookin out for my fellow sledders !!!

·
Registered
3,910 Posts
Hardcore. If you asked if the 2001 MXZs came in the color Red and nobody answered then i would say thats a little rude. However when you start asking questions about Clutching and b6 settings and 19.5lb of weight you cant expect people to answer to that unless someone comes along that knows 100% what hes talking about. Nobody wants to give you wrong info and guess at your expence.

Personally i would rather see nothing then 50 replys saying I cant help you.

·
Registered
175 Posts
I have a ski-doo roller secondary on my mxz 800.I was told by a reliable source to run less poundage in the secondary as this will help shift out quicker and you will make up for lack of backshift with the roller secondary.When you took a reading with the stock buttons versus the roller of course the roller setting is less because there is less friction to pull.I still run my set-up at 22lbs for good backshift in the trails and ditches,if your dragging with your friends slacken it off because you don't need the backshift in a free for all.Hope this helps ya Good Luck

·
Registered
3,817 Posts
Sometimes we don't answer some of the questions because that topic may have been covered to death in previous forums and some of us are a little tired of responding to the same question over and over. Sometimes people need to look around first and see if that questions been asked already. As far as having 50 people look at you question and nobody responding with " sorry I don't know" it makes it far easier for the person who does know to respond to you with out having to look at 50 responses sayng " sorry.... ". It makes it nicer for others to see what the real answer is as well instead of having to scroll down through 50 responses. If we don't respond just means thats a tuff question or the person that does know may not be on site for a day or 2. Give some of us some time to get back to you. Waiting 24 hours aint that long. Chill

1 - 10 of 10 Posts