Snowmobile World banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a fully clipped track, can anyone see a problem with removing every other clip to reduce rotating weight?
Remember, for every pound of rotating weight it"s the same as adding 7 pounds of weight to the sled.
You have 96 clips in all, remove 1/2=48 still 16 more than a closed window set up which is 32.
Anyone?

·
Registered
72 Posts
eight houndred triple; I'd say ya got a wieght problem!
Pulling every other clip "SHOULDN'T" be a problem, in powder it should be just fine but in marginal snow,??? I think I would try every third clip first & ride it like that for good while first to see if it'll have any goofy wear.
It wouldn't hurt nun to drill a thousand little holes in your slides (not all the way threw ofcourse) to hold snow in and lube as it melts out in marginal snow area's!?

·
Registered
555 Posts
Talk To A Camoplast Track Dealer. The every third window closed design is also a different design. I don't know if you can safely do that but if it came with them, personally I would leave it alone and just buy a different track. There are alot of good deals out there, especially if you can make it to Haydays.

·
Registered
756 Posts
this should not be a problem, as long as the snow isn't marginal(this year hahahahah) then it will be a little slower beacuse of the drag. I have fully clipped the 1/3 window tracks and gotten more speed out of them. Its your decision, but you won't hurt anything.

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I just thought with all the 1/3 window tracks being made today I could go with a 1/2 set up,reduce weight,and still have an open window to let snow in. I need all the speed I can get out of a sled with 136x1 1/2 paddle with mechanical reverse! Seems like it should work and gain some free H.P.
After all, this is the reason for the 1/3 window design[to reduce rotating weight] and I guess hold in snow but I have yet to see that hold true.

·
journeyman sled/motorhead
4,440 Posts
mikadoo,I am with you, in theory that is correct that every one pound of rotational weight is equal to 7 pounds. I never tried it if you do let us know which way it goes faster or slower.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts