Snowmobile World banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
To anyone who could help Please.
Working on a paraplane with a 582 rotax, Engine starts, and idles great. Slow changes to the throttle are fine all the way to wide open, but if we wack the throttle quickly to full throttle ie: taking off, or needing to change altitude quickly, the engine will bog, or even stall. We have done what we feel is everything that we could think of. Carbs cleaned, compression is 130psi for both cylinders, intake boots are new, fuel pump rebuilt with 4psi output, Getting great spark and the plugs, 2/cylinder are nice and brown. The only difference that we can make is adjusting the air screw from 3/4 out to 1.5 the bog still occurs but it take several quick throttle opening to stall. as it's stalling if we give it a couple of primes, the engine does not stall. We have used another external gas tank and have not changed the problem. This motor has Bingo, carburators.

Thanks for listening

Paul

·
journeyman sled/motorhead
4,440 Posts
sounds like its a lean spot in the fuel system. I might try choking it or bumping the primper and see if that helps. if it does try fattening up the pilot jet or raising the needle a little.

·
Registered
2,782 Posts
Try checking the exhaust for blockage. These things tend to get rodent infestation in the exhaust when stored in aircraft hangers.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Try checking the exhaust for blockage. These things tend to get rodent infestation in the exhaust when stored in aircraft hangers.[/b]
Ok,
We removed the exhaust pipe blew that out and look through the Y -pipe and saw no blockage, that's what is so strange, one shot with the primer get's it back running, It's worked for quite a while with no issues, we also verified that the float level is correct. Can aging of the engine cause the need for rejetting? I appreciate the help, if you can think of anything else I would appreciate it.

Thanks again

·
journeyman sled/motorhead
4,440 Posts
have all possible air leaks been checked and ok'd? I don't see it changing just with age but yes with differant temps. doc is sharp with them and a pilot as well.

·
Registered
2,782 Posts
Here are the correct specs on your carbs and how to check the float level. The "DC" prefix is for Dual Carbs. The important thing to observe is whether it's equipped with a intake silencer or not. There is a Rotax Blue Head service bulletin on Bing carbs concerning standardized floats and jet needle dampers. I'll try to find it and post it.

http://www.theultralightplace.com/bing.htm

·
Registered
2,782 Posts
Here is the Rotax / Bing carb bulletin.

[attachment=37147:bingupdate.pdf]

2 things occur here:

1) The old float material become saturated with fuel and doesn't maintain correct fuel level
2) The Jet Needle rotates in retainer and wears out falling out of slide and cutting fuel off (not good outcome of this one !).

My guess is the floats are old style and need to be replaced / checked as per previous note on Bing carburetors.

Is there a chance that the prop has been replaced... very easy to over-propeller a paraplane.

Also note: Carbs jetted for altitude are too lean at sea level.. check altitude chart at Bing website I attached.

Attachments

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thank you very, very, much!

Here is the Rotax / Bing carb bulletin.

[attachment=37147:bingupdate.pdf]

2 things occur here:

1) The old float material become saturated with fuel and doesn't maintain correct fuel level
2) The Jet Needle rotates in retainer and wears out falling out of slide and cutting fuel off (not good outcome of this one !).

My guess is the floats are old style and need to be replaced / checked as per previous note on Bing carburetors.

Is there a chance that the prop has been replaced... very easy to over-propeller a paraplane.

Also note: Carbs jetted for altitude are too lean at sea level.. check altitude chart at Bing website I attached.
[/quote]

1 - 8 of 8 Posts