Snowmobile World banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here are some pics. I am interested if that can be repaired? or will I need a new case, and RV. Also I haven't split the cases yet but when turning the motor over by hand when the rv was jammed it was clicking. Does this mean that the gear in there that drives the rv shaft is finished as well?
Thanks,
Dave

Attachments

·
Registered
2,782 Posts
Looks like the valve plate cracked and peeled. The best thing to do is to remove the high spot from facing on the upper crankcase and find yourself a new cover (used will do). The brass drive gear is sacrificial so its toast. Also check the drive shaft for straightness when its apart. Let me know what you need once its all apart and I'll see what I can do for you.

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Alright, thanks alot. I will let you know what I find out once its apart.

·
Registered
8,771 Posts
A competent sled m/c shop that works w/ Rotax motors should be able to install a wear plate kit on the case. Is FAST still making them?

Harrison Power Sports in Peterborough has done some work for my brother & I in the past when we had RV motors.

Click

·
Registered
4,869 Posts
Just go to Garson at Lakeland(behind Tims Hortons) and get the parts

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Just go to Garson at Lakeland(behind Tims Hortons) and get the parts[/b]
Yeah I drove by there the other day during work, it looks like a big selection. Once I find some time I will tear it down and report back.

Thanks for all the comments.

·
Registered
4,869 Posts
Is it just the rotary valve that is broken aka the rest of the engine is in good shape?

How much do you want for the sled :)

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Is it just the rotary valve that is broken aka the rest of the engine is in good shape?

How much do you want for the sled :)[/b]
As of now its not for sale, but if I do give up on it I will let you know. So far I think its just the rotary valve, but I will get back to you on that.

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well I finally found some time. Turns out the PTO wrist pin bearing cage broke. So the list is up to the RV gear, piston, RV plate, RV cover, and wrist pin bearing. I will get some pics later and post for anyone who is interested.

·
Registered
4,869 Posts
ouch

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
what is the number on the head cover and the cilander wall cover i may have a engine for you[/b]
I am not sure what numbers you are looking for but the numbers i found are M4549112 on the head cover and SCF RX06, 6923.062 on the cylinders.

So is this a running engine or a parts engine?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts