Snowmobile World banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for documentation for a rotory valve timing on a 95 670. the notch on the case ( by the pto jug) does not match on this moddle and I for got to put a scribe on the case before I took it off. (brain fart) If someone could scan the pages from a service manual and send them to [email protected] that would be cool.

·
Registered
4,316 Posts
I believe it was something like 146-76..but I could be mistaken. Its the 501 rotary valve in the 95 mach I believe.

·
Registered
4,316 Posts
;) Hahaha...146-76...that is the extent of my knowledge...I just let someone else do it :p I am not sure if I am right wbout those numbers...someone else will know. And I have no idea what the numbers mean. Try sending mr670 a private message. He has forgotten more than I'll ever know about that engine ;)

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
clancy10, you will need a dial indicator and a deagree wheel to properly set R.V timing, and 146- 76 are the install specs. You should have a manual to doo this, it would make it real easy for a first timer.
Good luck

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
well i have a degree wheel and I have a dial indicator to run up and down the bore so can you tell me more. I have done a lote of engine work over the years and this does not sound to difficult if i could get just a little bit more info Thanks I will check at my library for a manual but I don't think they have one. I have the sled sold and a guy comming to pic it up on friday and notice the water pump seal was leaking and did not wan't to sell him a piece of junk.

·
Registered
5 Posts
This is for a 501 valve with timing marks of 146/76.

Bring MAG cylinder up to TDC using the indicator. Take your deg wheel and place it on the RV shaft. line up "0" with the bottom edge of MAG port. Count up to 146 deg. and make a mark on the case. Line up "0" with the top of MAG port and count down 76 deg. Now place the RV as close as possible within these 2 marks. probably won't be perfect but try and get the closing mark (76deg) as close as possible. You may have to flip valve over as it is Asymetrical. One way will fit better than the other. Good Luck!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts