Snowmobile World banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
8,771 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have any rumours or wild guesses out there about who will be racing what?

It would be a pretty good guess to say that the MXZx 440 will be in the REV chassis next season.

·
Registered
11,658 Posts
i'm betting whatever sled-head bets only i will go 2 to 1 whatever he bets.

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
MXZ7~ Come on, we gotta have faith in our Pack!  But as far as snowmobiling, I think the teams will stay pretty equal to what they are this year except maybe a couple will flock to Doo's for next season! IMO

·
Registered
8,771 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Looking at the WSA points, Ski-doo & Polaris are probably quite pleased with their results.

Cat might want to try to lure a couple of guys over to their camp. If some had happened to Tucker this season, the other Cat guys were nowhere to be seen. TJ Gulla finished 11th in Pro Stock. I think he was 15th in Pro Open.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Not really a rumor here.  Since everybody seems to think WSA Nationals is the only major snocross circuit, maybe Arctic Cat can "put all their eggs in one basket" and recruit from the other circuits to race in WSA next year.  In Pro classes Cat had 63 total wins compared to Polaris and Doo's 28.  Seems as though Cat had plenty of winners in their camp already this year.

·
Registered
8,771 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Basic Bob doesn't think too much of the WSA National series does he? Wouldn't you think that with the publicity it gets, that any up and coming racer would want to race there? Look at Mike Island. He was racing in the CSRA here in Ontario. How many people in the States had heard of him.

I would have to compare the the National Series to Winston Cup with the Busch Series, ASA, ARCA and the others below it. Chevy may win the most races in the Busch series, but the manufacturers only brag on the WCS wins. Also, the drivers in  the lower series all aspire to getting a Cup ride.

So I can see the interest that the factories have inthe National series, besides, that's the one on TV isn't it. And that's all that matters!

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
Cat is winning everything and doo and Polaris are not anywere to be seen. rite Bob.

Just give it up already Cat is not doing as well as you think and beleive in your own mind.If these Other cat racers are doing so great why are they not on a WSA circiut running with the pros because Cat needs some more riders to compete with the real racers ie WSA I have heard of some of these other circiuts but the pros only use these for practice for WSA and Indoor Super cross events.

So Bob why do you even try to toot your horn,you did it on the other site and another Cat rider pointed out the fact that Cat is doing terrible except for the mom and pop races so just live with it Cat has more work to do on their new machines and I am sure they will put more money into racing and get that up to snuff again for next year but remember when they do that their consumer machines will suffer from lack of money going in to their development.
If Cat would spend more time and money on their consumer based machines maybe they will sell more of them because as of now they are being out sold 2 to 1 by Polaris And Doo.I believe the numbers for 2002 were 56,000 polarises to 28,000 Cats.Just some info I read off a site somewere.

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
Thanks for the stats.  What site did you find them at?

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
Bombardier buys out Cat, and buys out engine rights from Suzuki, and shuts them down. While silently working with Polaris, to retain more than 3/4 the market. This actually was last years rumour, as Cat stocks were way down.

·
Registered
8,771 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Sharkey, I think Basic Bob is posting his paranoid messages under your name  

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
LOL Revrnd!  Sharkey~ Are there still rumors about Ski-Doo buying Arctic Cat out?  Wouldn't that be cool!

·
Registered
858 Posts
Doo already has cat, they just don't admit it because it makes more competition. In fact, if doo wasn't subsidizing polaris and yamaha, they would be the only sled company. They also have ford, GM and a large part of microsoft not to mention that they also control 90% of the mining, oil and gas industry. Oh wait a minute, that was in my own little world, nothing is perfect I guess  

To come back to the question, I don't think there will be anything new for 2004 because of the recent innovations. Polaris will have to come out with something good and Cat will have to do more than adding a couple of cc's to their engine to be competitive but I don't have a clue about what that could be.

·
Registered
11,658 Posts
i thought i posted this before but maybe only in my head. my thinking is all the sleds will all be a spin-off of the rev in 5 years.

·
Registered
3,910 Posts
This is not a rumor this is what will happen.

1. 4 strokes and twins will be eleminated.

2. The only engines used and put into sleds will be Direct injected triples.

3. The Mach Z will still be King ####.  

4. During the winter months the goverment will close down the major highways and use them as snowmobile trails.  

5. Blair morgan will go back to cat because he needs a challange.

6. Mazda is comming out with there new Rotary engine sled which will suck.

7. In the following year to come we will have somthing not seen for a long time (SNOW.)

8. New Rules for the WSA to make things fair.  Doo will have to give everyone a 1 lap head start.

9. Skidoo will make a Machzzzz1 edition of a Mach Z which will be in a ZX chassie and make a good 500hp and top out around 200mph.

10. Most people will change there minds about sleders and allow us to use aftermarket exhaust pipes,  They will also hand out food and drinks as we pass there houses.  Sledders will recive a letter from there insurance company excluding them from ever paying insurance for anything.

11. Paul Yarek will hit the 1,000,000 posts and will gain access into the whole internet.  But with that emount of posts it will probably crash the server causing this sight to be down for the winter months.

12. bombardier will give free covered trailers for every sled you buy.

13. Gas prices will be cut in half for sleders.

14. A weather controling machine will be invented and the controls for it will be on this sight and only people with a snowmobile can control it.  Accually im not sure about this one.  It may be that the goverment buys snowmaking equitment to cover all the current trails.

Thats about it for now.  

Now for the rumors...

·
Registered
852 Posts
You guys all laugh and make fun of this topic but....  I actually heard from a well known, and highly respected source that....WE MIGHT GET SOME FREAKIN SNOW.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts