Snowmobile World banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HEy Guys,

Well third trip out on my new 740 mod built last year....Runs like a RAPED APE!!!! OMG...Oil consumption is perfect with about a quart every 150 miles...anyway, on the low end, when i'm idling, the smell of oil is very prevelant...and when at nigth and there is a sled with its light on me, idling, yo can see smoke...Also, throttle down low could be a tickle crisper, but all in all, no sled can touch me...

To cure this, would you raise the needle a position? OR just turn the air screws out a 1.4 turn or so? Any help is appreciated!!!!!! thanks boys!

·
Registered
852 Posts
dont mess with that needle IF its immeadiatly off idle as in clutch engagement rpm. try the air screw or drop a pilot jet size to tune your "crispness". could the smoke be the type of oil your using? a quart for every 150 miles is on the high side if your using a "million dollar" synthetic too. just some thoughts. so what was involved in the 740 motor?? is it based on the 440 bottom end?

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey, what do you mean high side? Is it tooooo many miles per quart?

My 740 mod was built ff a zx 700 bottom end...Re sleeved, ported polished, head mod, got carbs bored, reeds, pipe, can...runs like a raped ape...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts