Snowmobile World banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
582 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was think of what type or traction to get, the grip plates or the outer edge grips, im thinking the outer edge grips right now because they come over a bit into the running board and look to provide good traction.

The picture that is attachted is the cross country version of the egde grips, there is also a sno cross version which has the holes on the side of the running board covered up for better protection, they are they same price. I was thinking to get the cross country version because the holes would allow more sno to hit the heat exchangers that the sno cross version. what do you guys think?

Attachments

·
Registered
582 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
phazerhater, doesnt you sled already come with good traction on the running boards?

you would get grips like in the picture about on the firecat?

·
Registered
3,365 Posts
The outside of the running board has some grip to it, but if there was a little snow or ice build up it would cover the little grips. The ones like you have pictured above are wider and bigger bumps, so it shouldn't ice up as bas as what comes stock on mine.

·
Registered
582 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes thats true, but the good thing about the firecats that the running boards wont ice up because of the heat exchangers running down them!

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
If you have the heat exchangers, you won't have to worry about the ice like someone else said. As far as the grips on the edge. The ones that are stock on CC's are definitly enough. Man, I will forwarn you, if you are trying to take out the skid frame bolts. Put on a long extension or watch your hands. Those things are sharp as hell. They are plenty and don't get jammed with ice. I just ran some in the inside.

·
Registered
582 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Do you guys think i should get them in green or not painted? the painted ones usually dont have as much grip because of the paint, but they would look nicer, what do you think?

·
Registered
3,008 Posts
I'm with rf on that one. The stock grips on the cross countrys are more than enough. Yes, be very careful cause they bite something fierce.
:) :p :D
Rick.

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
Originally posted by ZR Sled Head@Oct 22 2002, 05:50 AM
I'm with rf on that one. The stock grips on the cross countrys are more than enough. Yes, be very careful cause they bite something fierce.
:) :p :D
Rick.
:withstupid:

Hehe. Couldn't resist. It's been a while.
They tear up gloves pretty good too.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts