Snowmobile World banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have any experience with these motors, how much power do they make, are they fairly reliable?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Very good motor, not just a "big bore". It's great to run in WI, cuz I can make it look, and damn near sound stock, that's to trick the DNR, and the other guys I'm racing. It's a stroker motor, turns 8500rpm, good clutching, traction and whatnot are what wins the race with this much horsepower,(and other similar motors) I've beaten larger cc sleds with my setup, but if its in trail form, don't go looking for lace racers that are dropped down with 288 picks, you'll lose. My trail setup runs 116 to 118 in 660, and 128 to 130 in 1000. (This is with an M-10)

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Any idea how much power these things make, the one i'm looking at has lemke pipes and 44mm carbs

·
Registered
19 Posts
Hard to say exact, but 225hp and 135ft lb torque would be a good guess. You can sqeeze more out, but again if this is the trail version, I think it's right around those numbers.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I can't believe I'm responding to this, but here's the scoop on the 990. It was not originally built to be a trail motor. If you want to trail it, it's totally possible though, just like a price, htg or crankshop. The motor was built to be used in 1000cc drag. The reason this motor is so trailable is the way Russ cleans out the jugs to improve cooling, but like any mod, this sled requires attention, and I wouldn't run one unless I invested in some egt's. If you want a sleeper, this is definitely the motor. no big "logos" except skidoo and bombardier exist on this motor. And you can say what you want, I'll tell you where to be to race Russ and his motors. Just on the other side of the bridge from the Thirsty Whale in Minocqua, WI, you'll find all the MidWest boys there at some point in time. Search out former Green Bay Packer, Ron Hallstrom and ask to race,and you'll be embarrassed loosing to a 325lb man accross the lake, runnin' an RLE 990.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Type809 how the heck are you? Got the little 7 running really good! I may actually get to come up to visit this year. My new shift work gives me a week off every month. You know there are a few guys who can make sleds fast, then there are all the others who Doo darn good marketting.

Hope to come up to Minocqua this winter!

Ronzx9

G

·
0 Posts
:) Hi ALL:

My name is Gary and I just purchased a Ski Doo
Summit 800 HO HighMark. Don;t know squat about the mechanics part, just know what I like. Had a 700 for the past two years. I am real new at this type of communication. Never done it before and ko not know what I am doing. Live in Lewiston, Idaho..

Hope to learn a lot

·
Registered
209 Posts
I saw a rle 1500 tonight at the novi mi snow show. it said on the sign 300 hp at 8000rpm on pump gas.

pretty cool dont know how trailable it would be
Duane

·
Registered
2,646 Posts
I saw that same motor and it looked like 300hp sitting there lol. Hated there pipe set-up for the zx chassis though. They said they had to to build the power and they could be right but I know you can run 240hp witht he crank shop or Jaws pipes in the ZX conversion with-out widening the front body work as they did.
Caleb

·
Registered
19 Posts
Ron, good to hear from you as well. Hopefully we can meet up sometime, I'll be in the Hurley area from christmas through new years, not sure about copper harbor trip yet. I've heard bad things about staying in Marquette now.

·
Registered
677 Posts
I was wondering about how the russ lemke 1500 would run against the crank shop 1100,i'v never seen anyone with a russ lemke motor around here and from the sound of it you guys are saying they are really fast.Liveing only an hour from the crank shop i'v seen how fast there motors are.there 1100 won the american snowmobilers trail mod invitational in the large displacement class(over 1051cc)it crossed the first 60ft in 1.391seconds,and it ran 118.11mph @ 8.218 seconds in 1000ft.I got this from the spring issue of american snowmobiler 2002.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts