Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got this from another forum:

RX-1 Black on 11/23/2002 4:06:00 PM

Let me know what people are getting. I have 200 miles on RX-1 and only getting 13 miles per gallon on pack fields. What happen to spring reports of 20 miles per gallon??

:doh: :cussing:

·
Registered
2,083 Posts
Here we go again, why don't you post the good responses too?

mbroda on 11/23/2002 5:15:00 PM
It,s 100% stock; honest!

I used 5.6 Canadian gallons to run 100 miles. The last 25 was with a few 10,000 rpm bursts but never held it longer then 6-8 seconds.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So, if we read all of that post, your not going to get your 20 mpg or 145 hp till it is broke in at 2000 miles? I agree you will still have a few that are going to be at opposite ends of the norm. Well, the first one is getting 13 mpg and the second one is seeing near 20mpg. The norm will probably see around 15-16. Also remember that both of these were breaking in. So they were probably taking it easy on the thjrottle.. What is going to happen once people start pinning that throttle? For cruising, agian 15-16mpg. FOr those who are actaully using the motor, 12-13mpg?

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
20 mpg i dont think will happen,i have 260 km on one so far running 6000 to 8500 rpm,even though motor is not broken in it wont climb up to 20 mpg once break in is done,BUT its still very impressive compared to my 800zx(which is jetted 5 sizes down),i find its doing very well in the mpg dept..even if its not the claimed 20,tommorrow ill fill up the rx1 and see how much i used for 130 kms,the other time i used 21.3 ltrs for 115 kms,driving 6000-short bursts up to 8000 rpm,with the 130kms i put on today i was more around the 7000 rpm and holding it longer at the 8000-8500 rpm

·
Registered
4,869 Posts
M10
you want a RX-1 don't ya :p

Anyway go find where Yamaha said it would get 20mpg

Bet you won't find it anywhere :sly:

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
Yamaha didn't say it but the magazines ??? did. At least the ones that gave it snowmobile of the year.

·
Registered
287 Posts
here we go again! All im gonna say, how many of you bought a new car and the window sticker says you get "18 mpg" who will ever get that mileage?? probably someone going downhill with a tailwind.

give this thing a rest already.

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
ok i did 135 km and used 24.1 ltr....driving like had mentioned in my previous post...with 3.8 ltr to gallon(us gallon)=roughly 12.8 mpg.

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
once the trails are groomed and packed hard the rx1 will get better mileage,but i cant see it getting 20 mpg,not from the riding ive done so far

·
Registered
259 Posts
I have actually seen better than18 but that was under some very good circumstances. It all depends on the conditions but I can get as good as 17 even when I ride hard. I was told the newer SRX's aren't as good but all the guys I ride with are on 00's and 01's and they are the same as me. I would hope the RX-1 does better, expecially since they put a smaller gas tank on it. To me that says they were counting on it and are confident that it will do better.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Originally posted by PANTERAONE@Nov 24 2002, 06:21 PM
ok i did 135 km and used 24.1 ltr....driving like had mentioned in my previous post...with 3.8 ltr to gallon(us gallon)=roughly 12.8 mpg.
panteraone: just curiose was this on fresh snow or pack or what?

was just wondering how ya think it would do on packed trails ?? do you think 15 is possible without driving like an old man?

either way given the weight and the performance of the sled i think that is not bad.

1000 cc sled that would kick my formula z's but and get the same gas mileage ( around 13 on packed trails )

how many gallons does the rx-1 hold?

·
Registered
83 Posts
I got 13 mpg riding hard 75-105 mph in about 4 inches of weight snow with good base under. My sled has 380 miles on it now. Im sure you will see at least 18 mpg on groomed trail and if you ride the speed limit 35 mph in Ontario you should hit 30.LOL when we filled up on my last ride I was $6 less then 2002 srx, $8 less 2002 zr 800 efi you figure it out!!!!

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
twolf..yes hard pack(but not groomed) with some loose snow,on a well groomed hard trail under ideal conditions 15-17mpg looks good,but im still impressed when i did 115 kms with it i took 21.3 ltrs and my mxz800(running 5 jet sizes smaller)took27.8ltrs,driven in the same conditions....but regular trail riders wont get 200 miles to a tank of gas

·
Registered
2,083 Posts
I'm not so sure about that, I have now found 3 guys that are reporting 18+ MPG's and all with just under 500 miles on engines. I want to see the figures when this sled has about 1,500 miles.

·
Registered
3,910 Posts
If people are getting 15-17mph out of it, its probably possible with extreem babying to get 18-19. But do you really want to drive like that.

Last year i spent a lot of time just feathering the throttle so i could get 160 instead of 140. But for all the hassel and fun i was missing out on i then said screw it and am driving they way i want to drive.

Its also still a mystery to me for where the perfect crusing speed is for fuel range. With the CVT trannys you cant just base it on RPM. I belive the sweet spot for the mach is 68-80km but you can do that with diffrent rpms depending if you accelerated to 80 or deccelerated to 80. I also hear that where the RAVEs open make a big diffrence.

My point is that over time people will learn what the RX-1 likes and doesnt like and will master its economy. Maybe 18 isnt out of the question. But having only 300miles on a sled that is still breaking in, isnt enough time to get to know her.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.