1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2,083 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here I go again, I love to cut and paste:

Who''s RX has seen radar?
Otis RX on 11/26/2002 9:34:00 AM

Somebody out there must have a radar gun and an RX! Come on you guys in Canada. Step to the plate.
We need some solid data on a broke in RX at full RPM.
We''ve got the RX''s and the gun but lack the snow, at least until tomorrow. I''ll report back if the snow arrives. I''ve only got 32 miles on it. That''s the problem.
I''ll give it to you straight.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

500feet on 11/26/2002 9:55:00 AM

radared ours in 1/2 mile run with only a little over 50 miles on it. stock with 168 studs we got 115mph.

Three weeks later now with 430 miles on it we saw 120mph.....still stock.

It's gaining performance throughout the whole powerband with more miles on it......to bad it doesn't lose weight with more miles.

With some clutching/cam/gear and suspension adjustments this sled will flat out haul the mail.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

500feet on 11/26/2002 10:23:00 AM

Also......under normal operation, I've been averaging 16.5 mpg.......each tank it gets better

Baby Cat on 11/26/2002 11:06:00 AM
F7 this year

Sounds good ! Have fun with it!!
Skydog

1Gunner on 11/26/2002 11:57:00 AM
2X1000cc of Bliss....

500feet, what RPM are you seeing at 120mph?and what were the conditions?

Mighty RX-1 on 11/26/2002 12:49:00 PM
No More Stinky Smoke!

It was thru a cornfield with about 1 inch of snow. They really hope to pick up some more speed when the corn is harvested

Machzed on 11/26/2002 1:52:00 PM

500feet ,
wondering the exact conditions at 120MPH...lake ice?..glare?...snow?..

also would it gain more ya think after 1/2mile or was it maxed?..

this is pretty impressive on any surface but if its on snow its AWESOME!...and this was a bone stock rx1 with 430 miles on it correct?..

imaging what the Heelclickers will bring...wonder if it wil gain more ontop?.

i will have some radars figures more into the season once we get some ice in muskoka...got 3 buds who own rx1 now..cant wait to see how they go with my mach z..

dan

Machzed on 11/26/2002 1:57:00 PM

oh BTW....

No f7 will run 120mph period!...they may be quicker to 1000ft but obviosly at 120MPH the rx1 reals it in and pulls away..just the way i like it!..

because its here that traction isnt the issue..its here that the raw HP comes through...

the rx1 spins so much it no wonder its getting beat down low...

its gonna be one hellava fun season!..bring it on!

dan

500feet on 11/26/2002 2:33:00 PM

Machzed,

Conditions: -10c, flat plowed road.....maybe two inches of snow at most. It was turning about 10,000 rpm, and I don't think it had anything left.....it was maxed. Bone stock.

This sled pulls harder than any stock sled I've ever ridden and will smoke my 02XCR. This sled has serious mid range pull......it hooks up better than I expected it to, I think Yamaha got the suspension calibration balls on in the proaction this time around. I think this sled has alot of room to play with in the clutching department.

Make no mistake, this sled is heavy but it actually feels lighter than my XCR when your trial riding it. The most surprising thing about this sled is how quite it is when your going 100mph......you cant hear it running, sort of
earie.

Don't want to get into any pissing matches with the Fcat Vs. RX-1 gangs but make no mistake about it, the F7 has some long legs for a 700.....very impressive but it won't top end the RX-1, as the proof is in the pudding.

dyama on 11/26/2002 4:32:00 PM

500ft.
Confirmed with stock sled RX-1 er on lake with a bit of loose snow 118 mph. studded track 144 1.075 woodys traction masters.Speedo reads 205 kl. rpm about 10,000.Milage about 270 kl.Also confirmed by other friends on 2 RX-1.

Otis RX on 11/26/2002 8:11:00 PM

Hey boys, the RADAR don't screw with you.
That's where the cat boys go home.
T-Cat's had tails bewteen the legs when the Mach posted 122mph at 200cc less under the hood.
After 25 years my gut tells me the RX is right there.

ICEMAN on 11/26/2002 8:45:00 PM
KSDU

ThunderKittys are the real boat anchor

·
Registered
3,910 Posts
I also like this part

"radared ours in 1/2 mile run with only a little over 50 miles on it. stock with 168 studs we got 115mph.

Three weeks later now with 430 miles on it we saw 120mph.....still stock."

Then this part.

T-Cat's had tails bewteen the legs when the Mach posted 122mph at 200cc less under the hood.

Do you see the pattern.

I just wonder how long it will take for one of these rx-1 to start burning oil. To have to smell a 4 stroke with a oil problem would just turn anyday into a bad one.

Mighty please stop cut and pasting from other sites. The reason most of us are here is becasue we cant stand the constent BS that goes on there. For all you know that post was aimed at someone to start a flame cuz thats what those guys live for.

And what the hell is:
"ThunderKittys are the real boat anchor"

Dont bring that crap here. THe mods spend to much time taking it away.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Amen....Machzzzz1

·
Registered
3,107 Posts
Yeah, I also like how these guys are comparing thier monsterous 1000cc sled to the little ole 700cc F/Cat...yeah, that's really something to brag about!!?! Just like it was always said about the T/cat...it should be faster with all those extra cc's. Why else would you plop down all the extra dough for a 1000cc sled? I'm sorry, but if you have an extra 300cc's, you should never be looking at anyone else's taillights. Sounds like you're really reaching to make yourself feel good about your purchase Mighty. I'm sorry, if you have to do that by comparing the RX-1 to sleds that have 200 (MachZ) and 300 (F-cat) less cc's, you're missing the boat. Take the RX-1 for what it is, a very nice sled. It's not a dominator like it should be for the extra $$ and extra cc's. That's kinda like a NASCAR driver coming home on weekends and not dominating the local Friday night racetracks. Again, I'm not putting down the RX-1, I like the sled, but just poking fun at how this sled is not a dominator that people try to make it out to be, especially for the extra $$ and cc's.

BTW, if I wanted to read posts from other sites, I would be over there instead of here.

·
Registered
496 Posts
I think Mighty just feels like he's backed into corner and is tring to defend himself and can you blame him ! The guy bought a sled with much controversy behind it and people dog him on it , he feels he has to justify his purchase by defending it. At least he took a chance ! What he should do is not give a rats ### about what people think and enjoy his new toy :thumbsup:

And I too one day hope to have a Mach Z and a 87 I-ROC so I can enter into manhood aswell :D or the past !!!

·
Registered
3,107 Posts
Originally posted by Bone Daddy@Nov 27 2002, 10:19 AM
What he should do is not give a rats ### about what people think and enjoy his new toy :thumbsup:

And I too one day hope to have a Mach Z and a 87 I-ROC so I can enter into manhood aswell :D or the past !!!
That's what I said yesterday big Bone....buy what you want and be happy with it....who cares what someone else thinks, as long as you're happy!! Hell, it's your money!

·
Registered
2,083 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
You know, I really don't give a sh*t what people think. I just get sick and tired of reading all the BS too. How it's gonna do this or how it's not gonna do that. Some people read something negative and they take it as gospel, then the same guy reads something that makes it look good and they say it's BS. That's what pisses me off!!!!!! If you're not gonna believe the stuff that makes it look good, don't believe the stuff that makes it look bad!!!!!!!

Hello, Jimmy??? Who's missing the boat here? You can't, let me say that again, you can't compare a 2-stroke to a 4-stroke with equal CC's :doh:

·
Registered
2,083 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Just for you Machzzzz1;

RX1 radar speeds...
dr700sx on 11/27/2002 9:24:00 AM

A well versed Yamaha tuner has given me his radar speed for his RX1 from last week. Bare Ice, 126 miles on sled, stock exept geared down and 144 woodys trail studs.Best speed on radar was 120.8 mph. We would expect that when the motor is broken in the speed would increase. This was also with a full tank of Gas. Also it will be interesting to see what the stocker gearing will pull. To say the least, it is fast for a stocker!

It must be Bullsh*t, 126 is too fast for that heavy piece of Sh*t.

Maybe supertraxx was right when they said that it might not just be the fastest Yamaha, but the fastest sled for 2003 period!

·
Registered
660 Posts
I really don't care about the RX-1.

If people like their sled, good.

It seems all I see from one guy is:

- look at these amazing comments!!!
- Look at these dyno numbers!!!
- Look at these mpg!!!
- Look at this guys personal ridding experience!!!
- Look at what this guy did on he radar run!!!

You know what? I don't give a shEt about what people's opinions are.

I ride a 98 Polaris XCR 600. The aggressive chassis one's

MOST people don't like the look of the sled, And I don't care. I LIKE THE LOOK!

Why would someone post the opinions of thousands of people. What are you trying to do? Trying to make people think your sled is the best. If YOU thinks it's the best, glad for you. Are you trying to convince ME your sled is better than MINE! Go ahead, I don't care.

I don't like the color, Blue or Red, hate them both. I find the hood looks wierd.

So what are you going to do? Post 100 OTHER peoples opinion that the color looks good? Or that the hood is better looking than MY sled?

Are you trying to imply that other people are STUPID for not having an RX-1 because it such a great sled?

I'm saving my money for a Liberty engine Pro-x 800. Go on, tell me some reasons why the RX-1 is better. Go Imply I'm stupid for not buying the same brand as you. Go post reponces from 100 people that the RX-1 is better than the Pro-X.

Yamaha screwed me when I raced motocross years ago on an 84 YZ 125. I will not buy another Yamaha. That my choice.

·
Registered
3,910 Posts
What are you talking about.

On bare ice I could probably hit 126 with my Mach before it was jetted. I can hit 120 on hard pack any day of the week.

I have driven 2 SRX and never saw more then 115 even the owner who is smaller and lighter then me only saw 117 in the best of conditions.

I really dont care how fast the RX-1 is. It doesnt bother me that there might be a faster sled, What bothers me is how some people say there sled is faster when it isnt. Im not sure about the RX-1 so that didnt imply to you. But all im saying is my buddy sold his 98 SRX for a RX-1 and when its broken in, I will give him my Etrax GPS and tell him to let it loose. What ever he comes back with is going to be IMO what the RX-1 is capable of.

But from what ive heard and seen from local drags, the RX-1 hasnt done as good. Sure it may top out fairly well. IMO anything over 110MPH is enough anyways. But the fun is in the acceleration and at the drags people have seen polaris 600s and even 500s hold there own with it.

Ive driven my buddys just for a short distance and it feels nothing like the mach in terms of how alive it is. It feels strong but not blistering if you know what I mean. But i didnt press it so maybe the machine has some suprizes in it.

Just wait till you get yours out and give us your own opinion. You should be getting snow this weekend anyways if the weather channel didnt screw up again. :)

·
Registered
3,107 Posts
One more time Mighty....BEEE HAPPPYY WITH YOUR SLED....it's a nice sled. Quit trying to make others like your sled, it's not important; you're starting to sound pathetic....this top speed, that top speed...who gives a rat's %$#. Are you going to be racing for pink slips?!? If someone else is truely putting your sled down, ignore them.

·
Registered
3,910 Posts
And Hang on, IM NOT FINISHED.

LOL.

What is that junk in your signature about stinky exhaust smell.

Most of the people on this site live and breath for that smell. We crave it in the summer and live for it in the winter. You used to be the same way back in your Mach Days.

What ive noticed is that you seemed to change every view you had on sledding to fit the bill of this RX-1. And thats what people are noticing and thats why people are saying that you sound like you need to justify your buy.

Personnaly I dont belive that about you, but every time I see one of your cut and paste posts from some Junior kindergarden kid about how well the RX-1 is doing, its almost laughable. If you want I could probably go search other forums for stuff about how the Mach is the fastest or how the Mach broke the sound barrier at last weekends local drags (It was unreal.)

Just wait. I can promise you that when I get any info on this sled from my buddy or someone else that I know, I will post honestly about it.

·
Registered
2,083 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
This is my last reply on the subject, I promise. I'm not attempting to make myself feel good about my decision. I am simply reporting the good stuff I have read about this sled. We all know that there's plenty of bashing going on, I'm just trying to offset it alittle. Like I said earlier, it iritates me when people are quick to believe the bad and refuse to believe the good.

For the record, Yes! I do believe it's the best sled on the market for what I want. If I didn't think that I wouldn't of bought it.

·
Registered
2,083 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Sorry, I broke the promise already :(

Machzzzz1, the only back tracking I have ever done was from about a year and a half ago when I was saying how well the CK-3 handled. I then changed my tune after spending some time in the saddle of a 2002 mxz800X.

As far as the smell goes, yes I like a little wiff of my amsoil burning, just not my whole frickin pole barn filled with it!

·
Registered
3,910 Posts
Thats fine Mighty.

For what you want your probably right. You dont like the smell of 2 stroke, You want a sled thats going to last a little longer, You want better milage. So your right the RX-1 fits the bill.

And if you see stuff like that on other sites by all means go ahead and cut and past it here or bring it to our attention. But just stop with the performance numbers from sites like Amsnow and company. We all know the type of users there and half the time its just BS to put someone elses BS to a level of BS that the first BSer didnt even BS about.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.