Snowmobile World banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
757 Posts
Congrats to Yamaha.

One thing that I've never understood though is the logic in picking a Snowmobile of the Year before the season even starts.  Although it makes good reading, it has no credibility and means absolutely nothing to me.  I think everyone can look back at former "Sleds of the Year" and go, HUH?

My comments are geared at the magazine, not the sled.

·
Registered
2,083 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I tend to agree, but I guess the manufacturers provide the new sleds for snowgoer to test in late spring.  So there is some credibility there.

·
Registered
3,910 Posts
I do not agree with the sled of the year.

The RX-1 may have the best engine that may change snowmobiles in the future but as far as sled design goes.  REV hands down.  The RX-1 is just a clever looking chassie but from what i read its got the same handling as the CK3.

·
Registered
757 Posts
With today's politically correct slant on everything, if the REV had a 4-stroke motor it would have won by a landslide.  But still, a one-off proto and a bunch of sales hype does not make a Sled of the Year.

·
Registered
2,083 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Machzzzz1 @ Sep. 04, 2002, 2:46pm)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">The RX-1 is just a clever looking chassie but from what i read its got the same handling as the CK3.[/b][/quote]
I don't think so!  Nothing handles as bad as that pig!

And yes I owned one...................

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
Congrats to yamaha, and I agree with the choice of it, it will be a great sled that will be low-maintanance, fuel efficient, and maybe it will keep the tree-huggers off our backs for a while.

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
Its just Yammies turn.........how can sno goer print stuff like that......I will laugh if the RX1 falls flat...and it could happen

·
Registered
8,771 Posts
I think it would be best if they waited till after the season is over to select a sled of the year. All the sled of the year brings is an little crown to the winning manufacturer & some added sales.

If anyone has a complete set of the US Snow Goer mags, fill us in as to who has won the honours the last 10 years.

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
I know that in 98 it was the ZR600 and in 99 thats what i bought......(myfirst new sled).....and it was far from what it was pumped up to be. If I had done my own research I would have bought a polaris 700 twin......by far the best twin for those years. I have to be a little honnest.....I do like some of Yamahas stuff and I am a little worried for when I line up with an RX1......Regardless of what sno tech writes about the ZR900. Good luck to all of those brave people who put out the big bucks for a concept and alot of hype........and if it turnes out to be a hot performance sled than you can expect to see alot of people jump ship  (maybe me??).

1 - 14 of 14 Posts