Snowmobile World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
a bud of mine that just ordered an rx1 talked to the yamaha reps at the show and they said yokohama tracks are being put on the sleds? and theyre blowing tracks at 140+ what have yall heard? my bud said he will buy a new camoplast track before he rides it.

·
Registered
2,885 Posts
Yammaha is proclaiming that they are using the .88 multiLug Camo in their brochure. Either way, they are junk tracks. They have real bad forward traction, and don't offer any real edge on what Yamaha offered before. Cat used this track for 1 year on the 2001 ZR800, and Cat dumped it for a 1" strait lug the next year.

If I was buying a RX-1, I would get 2 tracks. A 9818 1.25 for big trail riding, and the .725 Adventure for the lake.

Biggest downfall for the RX1 is that track they are putting on it.

Don'w worry, they might be blowing them, but it is long before 140. Heard that the digital speedometer is more like a "dreamometer"

·
Registered
756 Posts
they are coming w/1" camoplast finger track. the same as or simular to the one cat used on the zr800. mine will have a 1.25 predator on it before i ride it.

·
Registered
756 Posts
I realize that they are both predators but there are numerious designs. The one I will use is the 9833 6 pitch non repeating pattern w/all open windows.

·
Registered
731 Posts
None of the OEM speedos are dead nuts on.
Plus what are you riding on and studs....
With my Staker Pro radar gun both my Arctic Cats and  Yamahas "dreamometers" are 6~10mph high after 100mph, with Cat more to the "dream" side.

sled-head, your 900 (150hp) and even your friends 800 (140hp) beat a 700 (125hp).
Wow  

Last edited by toydoc at April 07, 2002, 7:43pm

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
toydoc
I heard the Viper was 132+hp.....and To start I am not a Yamaha guy so I listen to all the hype and my friends talk. I also had 2 guys on my sled. When he bought his Viper it was the greatest thing on snow and the fastest so if you had to listen to that all the time you would understand that I had a good time crushing his bubble.......so it is a wow.....I had no idea Vipers were so gutless.

·
Registered
731 Posts
You can poke fun at your buddy if ran his mouth all year, thats the fun part.
But I would't make a big deal about my 900 beating a 700 on a fourm that no one has said a thing about the Viper hype.

Talk about sleds that won't move, I won't race 500's with my 99 ZR700. I don't think I can beat them.

Last edited by toydoc at April 08, 2002, 1:21pm

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
whatever....at radar runs its all about clutching.....you get a guy who thinks he knows it all and sets it up. Its a fact that the 900 is much faster that the 800 and if those were the numbers than the 900 owner better hire somone to set it up for him because he's went backwards somewhere.
I would call the Viper a preaty level playing field when he has an 1.25in track with studs and I stretched mine to 136in with a 1.5 lug and over twice the wieght in riders......I think it for every 40 pounds your sled looses 4 hp.......you do the math.
Like I said before it should have been alot closer.....  and yes people did talk about the Viper untill it hit the snow...remember its a replacement for the SRX700

·
Registered
731 Posts
Yeh, you would call it "preaty level playing field" if your in front.
Funny how I give you facts and it's
"whatever..."
"he's went backwards somewhere"
"its all about clutching"
"better hire somone to set it up for him"

And then you want me to " do the math"

Look on the upside, lots of small cc sleds still to beat, go get'em tiger  

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
like I said before.....whatever. Fact is your telling me that its wrong to compare a 700 to a 900 when the XC 700 will pull on anything......I would be scared to race one....What's Yamaha's excuse??

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
hey sled head, go back to snowtracks with your poor attitude and lack of knowledge please

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
Ouch........that hurt I think I am going to cry... You're probably the guy who spamed all over snowtrax....Bad attitude, lack of knowledge......Get of your horse man.....I cant help it if I have no respect for blue..... your personal attack doesnt change what Yamaha is....
  What do you say.....Go blue or go the !$#% home...

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.