Snowmobile World banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have seen posts concerning the possible weight issues of the RX-1. I am going to show the following comparisons. Since we do not have the actual weight for the RX-1 I have to use their approximate weight of 5% over the SRX. I only have numbers from 2001 and older. Theese are all dry weights as filed with ISR for racing. The SRX is 525 lbs. Add 5% for the RX-1 and you get 552. These are all 2001 weights.

RX-1  552 lbs.
Mach Z 588 lbs.
ZRT 800 587 lbs.
T-Cat 586 lbs.
800 XCR 558 lbs.

If these weights are correct, the Hammer is still the lightest. Granted it cannot compare to the weights of the twins, but they appear to have done some careful engineering.
Again this is only a guestimate for the RX-1.

·
Registered
2,885 Posts
Yea, but according to Snow Goer, who acutally went to the dealership and weighed the sleds, the SRX weighed in at 563 I believe. Add 5% and you get 591lbs.

·
Registered
140 Posts
The RX-1 is supposed to way 5% more than a SRX w/ electric start.  525lbs is the weight of a stripped SRX.  By the way the dry weight for a Mach Z is 572lbs.  

If it's really as light as they claim it is then why wouldn't they just post the weight.  Seems to me they're trying to hide something.

So who knows how much a SRX with a starter and battery weights?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts